Skinny Wednesday Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I just got my first workout in for the day. I did the push phase of ChaLean extreme.. if anyone else knows about the program. It's a strength program where you lift heavy weights. Anyway, I got a gooooood burn in today! I have to take my dog to get his hair cut, go to school, and then I'll be able to come home and take Teddy on a long walk to finish my second workout. I might play some Wii fit later! So far, so good!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ok so hear are my goals for today

1. drink water since I have been having pop since I got sick and I am hoping to but the pop away
    2.not to eat over my calories and stop after dinner.
    3. try to go for a 30 mint walk it has been almost week since I have worked out

I know these might sound kinda like soft goals but I have had a hard time with these goals lately.
  • DawnCallas
    Options
    I am totally in! I am going to do the C25K week 2 day 1 at lunch. Walk with my hubby tonight. And do a Biggest Loser workout on the Wii! I will drink 18 glasses of water and stop eating after dinner!! YAY

NDF: Those are not "soft goals"! You are doing what is best for you! That makes those goals AMAZING!!! You can do this!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I am so proud of myself. I have a workout that includes jumping jacks, pushups, burpees, lunges, mountain climbers, prisoner squats, and some others . It says to do 2-3 cycles. I have been having a hard time and I only do 1 cycle. I decided to double it today for Wed. I did 2 cycles with the exception that I eliminated the 60 second plank the second time around and only did the first set of burpees. I also added forward lunges when the workout asked only for back lunges. I did good by adding to it as well as taking away. Give me a break!:tongue: I am extremely over weight and it was simply amazing that I was able to do what I did. I weigh enough to be a contestant on the biggest loser!! Anyways I am so proud and sweaty right now!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    hey, hey, hey...
    (I know, I know...my kids think I'm a goofy, too!)

Zumba was outrageous this morning! The trainer is so awesome...she puts together these high impact routines (I keep it toned down a bit) that'll make ya think you're preparing for ...that dancing show everyone (but me) watches on tv...

She mixes Latin into several other cultural dances...salsa, cumbia, reggae, bollywood, belly dancing, and some of the coolest hip hop from around the world....I just love it!

Great Skinny Wed workout this a.m., to the gym for round to this p.m.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    well i just got back from vacation (little sister turned 21 :noway: ) upon my return a good friend of mine lost her two year battle with cancer.....i didnt double my excersize or my water today....but i will try not to snack after dinner

see you all next week....i think i will be up for the challenge then....
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    well i just got back from vacation (little sister turned 21 :noway: ) upon my return a good friend of mine lost her two year battle with cancer.....i didnt double my excersize or my water today....but i will try not to snack after dinner

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Lisa0711
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about that.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I've done good today! I still have about 400 calories to spare (been really busy and burned a bunch of calories!) so I feel today was a success. I like these day-by-day challenges. It really makes it easier because it's not an overwhelming commitment! I didn't technically get in 2 workouts.. but I did help my boyfriend wax the truck and worked up a sweat doin that, so I counted it - along with my workout this morning. :bigsmile:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

Healing Hugs, so very sorry for the loss of your friend:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Be extra good to you this week, you deserve it:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hmm...well it's Weds, just saw this thread for the first time and it's not midnight yet right? lol

I'm in, I'll figure out something to double today and share tomorrow. :laugh:

Love the idea of this, you all ROCK:smooched: :tongue:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ok so hear are my goals for today

1. drink water since I have been having pop since I got sick and I am hoping to but the pop away
    2.not to eat over my calories and stop after dinner.
    3. try to go for a 30 mint walk it has been almost week since I have worked out

I know these might sound kinda like soft goals but I have had a hard time with these goals lately.

Ok got goal one and two done but not three maybe I will hit the gym after Caia goes to sleep but I don't want to over do it and get sick aging. To bad finger out fiance and paying bills isn't a work out use it sure takes long enouf.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Ate well, drank alot. exercise so so, 600 cals. Onward and upward!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

So very sad to hear of your loss. She was fortunate to have a good friend in you. Hang in there and know that you have friends here lifting you up in prayer. All the best. Take care of yourself.:heart:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    Hey, it's never too late. You could double tomorrow and report in. Also, look for our Skinny Saturday Challenge! New thread each week! Welcome....Fab:flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    Options
    OK...reporting in...Skinny Wed. in! It looks like you guys nailed it! :bigsmile: Great job! We got over that hump with ease....well it wasn't totally with ease but it wasn't too painful! :wink: Hey, did you notice the more you do, the more energized you get! Nice perk to double, double, double. Today my positive was that I got alot of water in. I normally guzzle water all morning then hit the water. Today I made a special effort to be a heavy drinker! :drinker: I have to report that it kept me feeling fuller than usual. I got two small workouts in inspite of a busy day at work. Looking forward to wrapping this week up with confidence. So proud of all of you and hope to see you in the Skinny Saturday Challenge. Look out weekend...here we come! :blushing:

What was your strength today??
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Reporting in... My strength today was my strength training circuit. Lower body today plus a brisk walk as a warm up. I'm still planning on doing some yoga stretches before bed for some relaxation, plus my legs feel like rubber. :laugh: I stayed under my calories and I think I can consider this Wednesday "Skinny"!!! Good luck, everyone!!! :happy:
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    i didn't join this time, and actually went over on my calories for the first time since joining MFP 11 days ago. key to feeling full MUST BE more water...like u said above...i didn't have nearly enough today and I am hungry.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Really great Skinny Wed...as I posted earlier, Zumba was awesome.

Just got back from the gym & 40 minutes on the Elliptical, jacuzzi & pool rounded out a great day!

Thanks all, way to get us going Fab...love ya'll!

:heart: :heart: :cry: :heart: :heart: To all those we've lost tragically...my heart goes out to you and your loss.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Checking in from the west coast, just after 8PM here. The day started kinda weird. FIL had a brain aneurism today, so we were contemplating whether to arrange an immediate flight to Holland. Decided to wait a day. This news threw me off, since I had planned to go for a run before work, instead we had a dozen phone calls.

:bigsmile: I did stay within my calories, but had a glass of wine when I got home from work.

:bigsmile: Then I took my nifty new bike and went out for close to an hour! Man, that was quite the workout. I LOVED it. :bigsmile:

So really not too bad for a bit of an upsetting day. Learning to live healthy despite the ups and downs.

Thanks again Fab50 :heart: :heart: :heart:

Rebel