Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I think it looks (as advertised) fantastic.:love:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I want one sooo badly. lol I could workout for an extra 10 minutes to add that to my food diary. :love: Too bad (or maybe good) that there is no KFC for 30 miles.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Two things:

1) The real picture of it is much grosser than i thought it would be.

2) I'm totally willing to try to make this in a healthy version at home (a.k.a. sans the sodium content, changing out for part skim cheese and turkey bacon)
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Gross!

I think the reason they removed the buns was partially due to the fact that so many people are 'anti carbs'. Lots of protein in this, I'd imagine! (To go along with all the fat and sodium...)

Funny thing is, the calories aren't really any worse than what you'd get with a Big Mac.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Gross!

I think the reason they removed the buns was partially due to the fact that so many people are 'anti carbs'. Lots of protein in this, I'd imagine! (To go along with all the fat and sodium...)

Funny thing is, the calories aren't really any worse than what you'd get with a Big Mac.

Everbody believes it's only 540 calories, and it's the same as a Big Mac.

There's been many skeptics that are stating that this is not accurate, they are saying that the sandwich is 700-800 calories
    Something to think about, as I just found out that we shouldn't be believing what the fast food places are listing as accurate.
    Consumers who choose what they eat based on nutrition labels may think they're making healthy choices, but new research published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association indicates that those familiar labels may be greatly underestimating the number of calories in restaurant and packaged food.
    The study further reports that the US Food and Drug Administration allows up to 20% excess energy content but weight must be no less than 99% of the stated value. This might lead manufacturers to add more food to the package to insure compliance with the weight standards and thereby exceed the stated energy content.
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    Here's is something interesting to consider about this chicken thing.... As it has no bread/carbs you will not gain weight from eating it as your body can only store fat if insulin is released and your body can only realease insulin if you have eaten a carbohydrate. Plus carbohydrate is easier fro your body to use so your body will use it over fat then store the fat, so...If you eat a regular burger with a bread bun, your body will use the bun, produce insulin and store the fat (cheese, beef etc) BUT if you eat the bunless chicken thing, your body will use it all!

If you dont believe this, please see the references.

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/

http://theharcombediet.com/2009/08/what-will-happen-if-i-cut-carbs-out-of-my-diet/
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Here's is something interesting to consider about this chicken thing.... As it has no bread/carbs you will not gain weight from eating it as your body can only store fat if insulin is released and your body can only realease insulin if you have eaten a carbohydrate. Plus carbohydrate is easier fro your body to use so your body will use it over fat then store the fat, so...If you eat a regular burger with a bread bun, your body will use the bun, produce insulin and store the fat (cheese, beef etc) BUT if you eat the bunless chicken thing, your body will use it all!

http://theharcombediet.com/2009/08/what-will-happen-if-i-cut-carbs-out-of-my-diet/

If that were true, then Atkins himself wouldn't have been obese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_acid_metabolism
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    thanks mandieg EWE!! Glad for the warning and you are right it looks nothing like the picture!!!!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad this thing wont be available in Canada. I know MANY people who would line up for this thing - most of them family! I imagine people keeling over with chest pains after eating this thing.

I dont buy the advertised nutritional value in it. It's 2 hunks of deep fried breaded chicken with cheese and bacon. No way it's under 1000 calories. Maybe the grilled one is under 600 cals, but not the fried one.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Ew! the real pic looks really really disgusting!
  • thumper44
    Options
    ......As it has no bread/carbs you will not gain weight from eating it as your body can only store fat if insulin is released and your body can only realease insulin if you have eaten a carbohydrate.
    BUT if you eat the bunless chicken thing, your body will use it all!

You got to be joking right? Go ahead and have one every day, and you can tell us if you didn't gain any weight.

Your body will use up 53-61 grams of protein and 23-32 grams of fat in one meal? I don't believe it sorry.
  • thumper44
    Options
    I looked at the KFC nutrition info on the website. I seem to be having a problem understanding this.

http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition.pdf

The orginal DD is 540 calories with 53 grams of protein.
    The grilled DD is 460 calories with 61 grams of protein.

Why is there 8 grams of protein between the two - Oh I see. :noway: They list the serving size in grams.
    Original DD is 241 grams. Grilled DD is 253 grams.

Fat
    Grilled DD is 210 calories from fat and states there's 23 grams of fat.
    Original DD is 290 calories from fat and states there's 32 grams of fat.

Both only show 9-10 grams of Saturated fat, and the Orginal has .5 grams trans fat.

There's 13-22 grams of fat missing on their nutrition chart.
    Anybody have any ideas? and why KFC wouldn't post this extra missing fat and what kind of fat?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    My husband and I saw the commercial for it the other night. As always when we see certain commercials, we have to give the company some applause. In the face of health food nazis and the eating healthy trend, Hardees and KFC are giving the health food kick the proverbial finger. Forget apple fries and salads. Come to our restaurant and eat the way you really want to. LOL

Everyone knows fast food is bad for you. And many people still eat it. It's a personal choice. We just love the fact that some companies just wallow in the badness and make it seem good.
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options

If that were true, then Atkins himself wouldn't have been obese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_acid_metabolism

Atkin's doesn't work because it is a very low carb diet, where as the Harcombe diet is both equal ammounts of fats and carbohydates.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It does looks pretty good in the advertisment, but the real picture :sick:

Fried stuff has tore up my stomach since I've started eating healthier (at least the one time I ate somethiing fried this month did) and I get to feeling sick when I have too much dairy, so with the friedness and super amounts of cheese I'd probably have to call in sick to work if I ate this.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I took one look at this and thought it was disgusting! Gross! And people wonder why they are obese! Jeez. Build it and they will come... Sooo stupid. I don't see any healthy fast food restaurants. Where they at?
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    And this is what it REALLY looks like...

doubledownsidebyside.jpg

Ew. :sick:

ok, scratch my last post - that does look gross

ewwwwwwwwwwe.... im gonna miss that bread that surround the sandwhich... WTH were they thinking??? CHEAP much? nooo.. more like hey everyone lets get fat :D yeah?? hehe ok... im done lol
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options

thanks for putting that in.. NOW it REALLY makes me not wanna eat those kind of food... >.<
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Now that stuff really makes my mouth water!!