Why have I stopped losing weight?

Options
I'm 18
5'4
And my starting weight was 157.2lbs
My current weight after a month is 146.8 and my bmi is finally saying normal not overweight.
I was given 1200 calories to eat and would exercise daily and burn around 300 calories , I never ate my exercise calories only recently I found out I had to, but I have been and still not losing any weight.
Before anyone says I don't need to lose anymore weight, I want to lose a bit more just so I never go into the overweight category again as I have a high risk of getting diabetes because its in my family.
I'm not trying to be skinny just thinking about my health.

So basically what I wanted to know is what should I do to start losing weight again?
And isn't it a bit pointless exercising if I'm just going to consume all the calories again?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    You lost ten pounds in a month. Congratulations.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight been stagnant?
  • SophiaN123
    Options
    A week I think?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    A week I think?

A week is nothing. Some weeks will go by where nothing shows on the scale. Some weeks you'll lose 2 lbs.

Whatever you were doing before is working, so just keep doing it.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    A week I think?

A week is nothing. Some weeks will go by where nothing shows on the scale. Some weeks you'll lose 2 lbs.

Whatever you were doing before is working, so just keep doing it.

What he said. Give it another week. You've lost a lot in a short period of time. You can't expect your body to continue losing at that rate. Keep doing what you're doing including eating back exercise calories. Your body needs a certain amount of fuel to function (including losing weight). By exercising you're taking away some of that fuel. Eat those calories and you'll feel better, be healthier, and still lose weight.