Should i reduce my calories or give it a bit longer?

2»

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    My BMR is 1396 x 1.55 = 2163
    This seems very high do i minus 20%? = 1731
    still seems very high.

If you are working out for an hour 5 days a week I think this is about right. I just bumped mine from 1,500 to 1,650 and I am not as active. The 1,600 may not have been enough to keep you going you need fuel to feed the fire. Previously I had stalled at 1,200-1,300. I am 5'2" 46 and menopausal. I would go higher before lower if I was you.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    My coffee is at 7.30 when i get home from gym and then a snack around 10-10.30. I have tried to have breakfast just hard trying to fit it in.

You dont NEED to eat breakfast... Its not going to make or break your weight loss! I used to eat breakfast allllll the time. I was obsessed with making sure i ate right when i woke up, because i didnt want to screw up my metabolism or something.. Now i do intermittent fasting with a (mostly) Paleo diet and i have lost a lot in such a sort time...

I just recommend getting enough protein! Eat about as many grams as you weigh. And for carbs, try to only get them from veggies, and then eat fat!! It helps a lot with hunger.

I am a firm believer in the idea that different people need different things, especially when it comes to weight loss. FOR ME, breakfast is most definitely the determining factor in how I eat for the rest of the day. If you have found what works for YOU, whether it includes breakfast or not, then that's great. I was simply speaking from my own experience in the hopes that it might help a fellow traveller.
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    I love to eat breakfast. I just prefer to eat it when i can relax and enjoy rather than just scoffing it down to get calories in. I need to be better at my time management in the mornings :)