This is what junk food does to your body.

Options
jonnythan
jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
Taco Bell and McDonald's 4,5 times a week. Microwave frozen stuff for breakfast and lunch just about every day. Subway all the time. Eating out once or twice a week.

Cholesterol went from 240 to 204; HDL went from 40 to 59, and triglycerides from 92 to 72. My blood pressure was borderline high then, and now it's normally around 115/65.

Wait.... you didn't think the before picture was the one on the left, did you? No. That's after. Before is on the right.

The after picture was actually in late 2011. I tore a muscle in my back shortly after that was taken and spent about a year rehabbing and getting better enough to get under the bar again. I gained maybe 8 pounds in that time and now I'm back trying to cut a bit of the fat away for tennis season before going on a slow bulk in the fall.

Anyway, here's what all that "junk food" is doing for me right now:

4w.png

lean-fat.png

So if you don't want any of this to happen to your body, then by all means don't eat foods that people on the internet or TV call "unhealthy." Don't pay close attention to your calories, protein, fat, sugar, and vitamin intake; instead, eat "healthy" foods and avoid all the "unhealthy" ones that you really like. That's a great long-term plan for the future.

Replies

• pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! The food itself didn't get you that way, though. Eating it didn't transform you. You make a good point that these foods aren't the evil people say they are.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    *Applause*
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    *Applause*

Seconded.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    you must be special! lol btw I can't stop looking at the pic :bigsmile:
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    Thank you! I try to eat healthy but with peeps on the market around easter i just love my peeps. Everything stays in my macros for the most part too.
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great progress!! i m guessing you dont fit into your old shorts anymore.... lol!
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love you.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

(PS- I noticed you blacked out your head(s) -snort-! Ahem, but isn't that you in your profile pic.....or.....?)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Awesome!!!

(PS- I noticed you blacked out your head(s) -snort-! Ahem, but isn't that you in your profile pic.....or.....?)

I blacked it out for posting elsewhere, and I am way too lazy to go back to the original pics and include the head just for your benefit ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Junk food turned your junk into a funny looking black bar. So sorry man!

Great job on the loss.(i am talking weight now)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Junk food turned your junk into a funny looking black bar. So sorry man!

Great job on the loss.(i am talking weight now)

Once you go black....
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    So junk food makes your head go from round to a rectangular shape. Got it!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Once you go black....
    I won't believe that till it's on Mythbusters.
  • H00ahwife
    Options
    Huge eye opener!!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    That's what TOO MUCH of ANY food will do to your body. Junk food didn't do it, over eating did.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Grats, but I don't suspect this post will last long.

I mean, cm'on, would some shorts have killed you?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    That's what TOO MUCH of ANY food will do to your body. Junk food didn't do it, over eating did.

I was wondering how long this post would take.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    So junk food makes your head go from round to a rectangular shape. Got it!

lmao!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!