This is what junk food does to your body.

Options

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love this post!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yeah but good luck with the cancer you'll get in two more weeks from fast food.

Notsrs.

Great transformation!

:laugh: This!! Great job :)
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sir, you are fabulous. LOL
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I used to be thin & fit ....... and then I got married :laugh:

20 years of fast food, pasta, bread, baked goods, salty snacks, beer and no exercise did this .......

MaryAnn2001.png

Am still married, but 5 years of healthier eating & hitting the gym did this ......

MA5-1-12.png

Great job. The deficit did that, not the food specifically. If he was in a deficit, it didn't matter the food.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    When I worked in a big box store.. the only restaurant to eat at was McDonalds (wasn't another one for 30 minutes).. I used to eat that.. I did lose a LOT of weight but became skinny fat..

So good on you that you lost - I personally wouldn't do it but good on you!
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I dont see transformation pics, just graphs..
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Mods took it down. Makes no sense to me considering the number of profile pics featuring topless women with their backs to the camera or hands covering breasts. Oh well. Moving on.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mods took it down. Makes no sense to me considering the number of profile pics featuring topless women with their backs to the camera or hands covering breasts. Oh well. Moving on.

Everyone else liked them . So congrats . Lol ..
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    seems I showed up late to this party...

but based on your graphs and everyone's comments, seems like you did a good job ;D

eating 'healthy' is great...but you definitely have to indulge and enjoy life too.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Everyone completely missed the point of this topic. The pics weren't distracting to me but oh well. And congrats on ur success.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't think we missed the point. It's just that the pics were...ummm...distracting. LOL

But seriously, of course his point was that you can eat crappy, nutritionally blah foods, and still lose weight, and get fit and strong, like he did. Sure, if you are exercising, weight training, and eating at a deficit, you will get some of the results you are looking for, no matter what kind of crud you are putting into your body.

I disagree that you will get the best results you could get that way...the results can get from eating nutritionally rich foods. Your body needs fuel, not filler. I equate McDonalds to the non-food, "Meals TM" that Terry Pratchett writes about in "Good Omens". I'm quite sure it is not a diet that is conducive to living a long, vibrant life.

But then, I don't really see how people can prefer those kinds of foods over wonderful, colorful, and fragrant, *real* foods anyway. To each their own! <shrug>

I'm seeing very dramatic results with my own food preferences and exercise. <munching freshly grilled salmon, grape tomatoes, an avocado, and some fresh blueberries> I think my food choices are luxurious. :)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I equate McDonalds to the non-food

Nutritionally, what is the difference between a grilled chicken sandwich from McD's and a chicken breast I grill at home?
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    First off, in your example of chicken from McDonalds as opposed to chicken prepared at home, it is more about what potential for what isn't in the homemade meal, than what is. It's not so much that the chicken itself has *more nutrition*. It's that it can more likely not contain undesirable ingredients.

...if you grill your chicken at home, you can have used organically raised, free range chicken, rather than commercially raised chicken. Chickens that are commercially raised are fed grains that contain antibiotics and steroids to promote growth.
    Some are even given an arsenic-containing compound, roxarsone, to control parasites. Ugh!

Also, if I were to grill my own chicken at home, it would not include the bun or the sauce. It would more likely be accompanied by an awesome salad made with veggies from my garden, or at least as fresh ingredients as I can get at the market, in the winter. Or, it might include a heap lightly sauteed asparagus. Yum! Really, I can think of a million ways to have a much healthier and more luxurious chicken meal than to get a chicken sandwich at McDonalds. I realize that is my opinion, but this is a forum for opinions.

My theory is, do whatever works for you. If it isn't working, try something different. Eating junky foods does not work for me and I'm probably not the only one here that has found that to be true.
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    First off, in your example of chicken from McDonalds as opposed to chicken prepared at home, it is more about what potential for what isn't in the homemade meal, than what is. It's not so much that the chicken itself has *more nutrition*. It's that it can more likely not contain undesirable ingredients.

...if you grill your chicken at home, you can have used organically raised, free range chicken, rather than commercially raised chicken. Chickens that are commercially raised are fed grains that contain antibiotics and steroids to promote growth.
    Some are even given an arsenic-containing compound, roxarsone, to control parasites. Ugh!

Also, if I were to grill my own chicken at home, it would not include the bun or the sauce. It would more likely be accompanied by an awesome salad made with veggies from my garden, or at least as fresh ingredients as I can get at the market, in the winter. Or, it might include a heap lightly sauteed asparagus. Yum! Really, I can think of a million ways to have a much healthier and more luxurious chicken meal than to get a chicken sandwich at McDonalds. I realize that is my opinion, but this is a forum for opinions.

My theory is, do whatever works for you. If it isn't working, try something different. Eating junky foods does not work for me and I'm probably not the only one here that has found that to be true.

I used to eat junk food, and I gained a lot of weight.... You can lose weight either way you want to. But internally you might not have the proper nutrition by eating junk food. You end up eating weird ingredients and chemicals Lol

I guess numbers affect us differently. When I was eating junk, my triglycerides went over 600!!!!! Since eating more "clean" foods, veggies, fruits, etc Most of my numbers have improved dramatically. I still need work on my HDL and losing the rest of the extra weight..... I can't possibly go back to eating junk the way I was.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Tsk tsk. I guess no clothes is OK sometimes. :P
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The 'offended' have too much time on their hands. Congrats on your success.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't understand why people get so uptight over success story pictures. Just weird. :ohwell:

Great job, OP.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Ok, but who does this? I mean, who besides you and a few folks on MFP does this? Seriously....do you have to go to special stores to find chicken with a huge label of "free of this, that, and the other thing," and doesn't it cost like 2-3 times the price of normal chicken?

To me, the difference between McDonald's and cooking at home is the cost. Why spend $4 on McD's when you can grill it at home yourself for $1? But you are talking about all these issues that have nothing to do with nutrition at all. Also, it isn't a sandwich without the bun. That part is just crazy. :laugh:

:bigsmile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Anyway, here's what all that "junk food" is doing for me right now:

Imagine how much better progress you would have had eating better. But whatever. The point of you point is to obviously snub your nose at at some folks.

Congrats on your success though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!