Go Fruit Yourself! What do you think?

Options

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on this website are here for a reason. The reason being that they are here to change their life by losing weight, gaining healthy weight from having a eating disorder or just for better healthy. And almost everyone here doesn't know much about nutrition and health, that is why everyone is here. So before you go and turn down a chance at better health and a better life, just read the book or do your research on the 80/10/10 diet. I was a bit skeptical about the diet at first but I decided to pick up the book and it has been the best decision I have ever made in my life. Before this change I was always fatigued by how little I was eating by restricting my calories, never wanting to go out and doing anything because I was so weak and afraid of getting fat. Now following this diet I have so much energy, always wanting to be up and about. You will not see any fat or unhealthy people on this diet, unless they have just started it. You will be able to eat as much food as you want and lose weight. Here are some youtube channels that I recommend if you want to look into the lifestyle.

Freelee the Banana Girl
    durianriders
    FullyRawKristina
    RealRawResults
    okraw
    This.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on this website are here for a reason. The reason being that they are here to change their life by losing weight, gaining healthy weight from having a eating disorder or just for better healthy. And almost everyone here doesn't know much about nutrition and health, that is why everyone is here. So before you go and turn down a chance at better health and a better life, just read the book or do your research on the 80/10/10 diet. I was a bit skeptical about the diet at first but I decided to pick up the book and it has been the best decision I have ever made in my life. Before this change I was always fatigued by how little I was eating by restricting my calories, never wanting to go out and doing anything because I was so weak and afraid of getting fat. Now following this diet I have so much energy, always wanting to be up and about. You will not see any fat or unhealthy people on this diet, unless they have just started it. You will be able to eat as much food as you want and lose weight. Here are some youtube channels that I recommend if you want to look into the lifestyle.

Freelee the Banana Girl
    durianriders
    FullyRawKristina
    RealRawResults
    okraw

I've read Graham's book, as well as Campbell's new book, Whole, which also recommends 811. I've also spent a lot of time on 30bad and even more time on 30badsucks. I've watched the lectures, documentaries, read the books etc etc. I totally disagree that 811 is a long term, healthy way to eat. You do it your way, I'll do it my way and time will tell who was right :drinker:
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The thing I notice with the people who promote this diet is that they exercise a lot and have less and less muscle tone over time. Being skinny fat isn't my goal so I'll pass.

ETA: I actually find that when I want to lose stored body fat, I do better when reducing or eliminating fruit. This article seems to hold true for my body.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johnmanuel-andriote/the-fat-switch_b_3164800.html
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    So before you go and turn down a chance at better health and a better life, just read the book or do your research on the 80/10/10 diet.

No thanks, eating high carb is how most people (including me) gained weight in the first place.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Who cares whether it "works" or not--eating 30 bananas a day sounds utterly torturous. I would vomit (maybe that's how it works? JK). Not to mention, unless you live in a tropical climate where bananas are locally available, horribly environmentally unsustainable.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    15 bananas for lunch and another 15 bananas for dinner

That alone is about 3,000 calories. I have serious doubts about this woman's claims.
    When you don't clog your muscle cells with fat, you burn carbohydrates more efficiently. Burning through 3,000 calories is really easy, especially for someone who runs or cycles many miles a day, like her. The problem with fruit is that it is hard to get enough calories.

How do you "clog your muscle cells with fat?"
  • Rocbola
    Options
    So before you go and turn down a chance at better health and a better life, just read the book or do your research on the 80/10/10 diet.

No thanks, eating high carb is how most people (including me) gained weight in the first place.
    Nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY got fat from eating too much raw fresh organic fruit and fresh tender green leafy vegetables, with the occasional seeds and nuts, like Dr. Graham recommends.
  • Mike2Hotty
    Options
  • Mike2Hotty
    Options

Excess protein and fat make you fat not carbs. What exactly did you eat that made you fat?
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound healthy at all, IMO. Your immune system, muscles, and entire body need protein. I don't understand why someone would eat 30 bananas per day.... there are many other fruits and veggies with higher nutrition content than bananas. It doesn't sound safe to me, more like a way to lose muscle mass.
  • Barbellgirl
    Options

Nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY got fat from eating too much raw fresh organic fruit and fresh tender green leafy vegetables, with the occasional seeds and nuts, like Dr. Graham recommends.

I've seen your other posts and realize you are a newly born again vegan, but if what you are saying is true there would never be overweight vegetarians, and guess what, I've seen plenty of them. You aren't making a very good case with your exaggerations. If you want to follow this high carb low fat and low protein diet and look skinny fat go for it.
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Eat as much fruit as I want and lose weight? Yeah no thanks, and tons of fruit turns my stomach. I would live on the toilet with the hershey squirts.

Also, I can't stand the taste of raw banana. :\

...Good luck with that though, whatever works for you I guess.

ETA: Also just noticed this thread was necro'd pretty hard. Why all the Freelea/Fruitarian talk so suddenly? Guerrilla PR attempt? More people drank the kool aid and decided to swarm MFP for more converts? :laugh:
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Options

Excess protein and fat make you fat not carbs. What exactly did you eat that made you fat?

Excess calories make you fat. Doesn't matter where they come from.
  • Rocbola
    Options
    It's not about eating only bananas. That's just a name for a website centered around a certain diet that is based loosely on 80/10/10, created by an Australian endurance cyclist.

They don't actually eat exactly 30 bananas everyday, the idea is to eat a lot of fruit and young green leafy vegetables, and stay active. They named the website after a 3,000 calorie a day diet, but they vary the type of fruit they eat, (it's far from just bananas) and they don't blindly recommend that exact number for every person. It's based on the individual.

The 30BAD diet is perfect for endurance athletes, but not all 80/10/10 people are following the 30BAD diet exactly. The best source of info is to actually read the book "The 80/10/10 diet" which i always hated the name of, because it sounds like just a fad diet.
  • Rocbola
    Options

I've seen your other posts and realize you are a newly born again vegan, but if what you are saying is true there would never be overweight vegetarians, and guess what, I've seen plenty of them. You aren't making a very good case with your exaggerations. If you want to follow this high carb low fat and low protein diet and look skinny fat go for it.
    Overweight vegetarians are all 80/10/10? Pretty sure cheese pizza, potato chips, and coca-cola all count as "vegetarian" foods, but that's not what i was talking about, was it? Pretty sure you know how to read, so please re-read what i wrote. Something about fruits and vegetables...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i don't even rea things that say "diet plan". Diets are inherently temporary and not for use during your entire lifetime.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Excess calories make you fat. Doesn't matter where they come from.

good lord- thank you.

excess protein and fat makes you fat not carbs? who SAYS that?!!!!?
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Options

Overweight vegetarians are all 80/10/10? Pretty sure cheese pizza, potato chips, and coca-cola all count as "vegetarian" foods, but that's not what i was talking about, was it? Pretty sure you know how to read, so please re-read what i wrote. Something about fruits and vegetables...

The point is that eating 80/10/10 doesn't necessarily stop you from eating too many calories (and therefore gaining weight). You seem to indicate it's impossible to gain weight on 80/10/10. That is absolutely false.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Lots of soda.
  • Barbellgirl
    Options

The point is that eating 80/10/10 doesn't necessarily stop you from eating too many calories (and therefore gaining weight). You seem to indicate it's impossible to gain weight on 80/10/10. That is absolutely false.

You can't argue logic with this guy. He's born again as a raw vegan, and now apparently a frugivore. They call these followers 'fruit bats' haha.