MFP Members and Tattoos

Options

Replies

• theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos! All have been spontaneous-spur-of-the-moment ones, and I have no regrets :)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have 10 (so far).. Ive been forbidden to get anymore work done until my husband can finish up his arm lol. It's ok though... I can wait. The next piece I have in mind is rather large and I would rather wait until I lose the weight and save it as my goal reward because of the placement. But this was my last large piece, but not my last tattoo... I've had two done on my feet since.

tattoo.jpg

My others are my 17 y/o son's name on my back, my name over my heart, a butterfly with my husbands name underneath on my ankle, a butterfly on my neck behind my ear, a butterfly on my right foot (matching BFF tats), five flower chain on my other arm (one for each one of my sons), cherry blossoms on my left foot, star gazer lillies & water design on side of left calf, and swirly heart design on the back of my neck.
  • carolineo36
    Options
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I am new here and still looking around, but I have to tell you, I am really amazed by the number of MFP members who have tattoos.

Myself included, so no judgements implied. :smile:

:happy: Tribal (with my identifiable motifs), small and subtle at an inconspicuous location <= Seriously considering it, for I'm pressed to continue with my tradition only tweaked (which was more about the man's tribal and personalised markings inked on to his woman as a show of ownership and jurisdictional property to his person).
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I currently have 6! I want one on my ribs but that will be when I hit my goal weight :wink:
  • Cara75
    Cara75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have 6 right now... full sleeve booked for november, two more before summer. As I reach a goal i get a decided tattoo... some reward themselves with twinkies... i get ink =D
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Do they hurt??

If tattoos didn't hurt, every pu55y would have one.

haha. This! Love it!
  • beckymc78
    beckymc78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said that it may just be more noticeable because of how we take our pics on here. I worked with someone for a couple years that never knew I had tattoos until he saw me in a tank top instead of scrubs. I have over half my back covered and look forward to losing weight so that I can display it without worry of back fat showing. :)
  • kellolio
    kellolio Posts: 7
    Options
    Have lots planned, just been waiting to lose a bit of weight and get some money together. A question for those knowledgeable though, can you tattoo over stretch marks? If you can does it affect the quality?
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    5 right now, with plans for 3 more :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    I love them! I have seven. It helps when you get the "family discount"!
  • amyavivah
    amyavivah Posts: 42
    Options
    i have 26 tattoo i am about to get tattoo 27..
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do they hurt??

If they didn't hurt, they would be called stickers. :wink:
  • Xmoiyax
    Xmoiyax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting.
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have seven and definitely want more!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just got my first on Thursday! (at 40 years old, no less!) I'm pretty sure it won't be my last! It's not finished yet, I get color at the next sitting!

392b2b6c-3d0d-4814-8f42-437d66ea7820.jpg

Ooooh the shoulder hurt the most though, but I love that I can see it!
    36a0ea34-ebde-4318-87b1-ca3f25856dff.jpg
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Going for #7 at he end of April. Have 6 but have been tattooed 9 times between additions and touch ups. My tattoos keep getting bigger and bigger :smile:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    just checking in
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My husband is a tattooist, I get them for free so it's hard not to fill up my skin.
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My newest one...

61e6b454-45ac-4245-acbb-a50588eaa146_zps47eaf718.jpg