anyone have kids taller than parents at age 11

Options
124»

Replies

• will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not quite that kind of tall, but my 14 yo daughter is at least 5'8" now and has been taller than me (5'5") for going on 2 years at least. My 11 yo son will be taller than me by next year as well. Don't know where either of them got it from!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but my little brother is 12 and I'm 22 and he's already taller than me, my mum and my dad. Only our older brother and my bf are taller than that little jerk now :laugh:
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yes my eldest (daughter) was 5.10 age 13 like me but shes 6ft at least now shes 20.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". It's not that uncommon for me. lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It happens. I was 5'6" at age 10 which was the same as my mom, more or less. By the time I was 12 I was definitely taller than she is, although my adult height is "only" 5'8" so not crazy tall by any standards. I just had an early growth spurt I guess.

My dad was a little over 6'4" when he was a young man (has shrunken an inch or two with age as he's nearing 70 now) and I don't know when he surpassed his parents' height, but I'm sure it was very early as his dad's about 5'6" and mom barely 5'2" (and yep they are still alive and 90+ hehe)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    My son was. He is now 16yo and 6'3!
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    But why would I have a kid at age 11...?
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Both my boys were taller than me at age 11. I'm 5 ft 4. However their dad is 6 ft 4.

This. My 14 year old is 6'1 and still growing fast. He was taller than me before he turned 10. My nearly 9 year old already is chin-height on me, so I'm sure I'll have two towering over me before I know it.
  • tylerlevine3
    Options
    My wife is only 4f11 but my 9 year old son is 5f2
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    And you have in her basketball and/or volley ball right? Think of the scholarships! I had a gril friend who was 6'6" in college on a full ride to a high level engineering school.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am a little under 5'3" and my 10-year-old is just an inch or two shorter than I am (and weighs more than I do). He will certainly be taller than me in a year. His feet have been bigger than mine for some time. He takes after his big tall daddy's side of the family. My middle son is small and wiry like me, and the little guy is pretty average in size for his age.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    my 11 year old daughter can wear my shoes but is still just a couple inches shorter. She wants to steal my wedges b/c they make her taller than me.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I passed my mother in height at age 8. I felt like a giant standing next to all of the women from her side of the family. including my 4'10" grandmother and 4'11" cousin. I ended up being 5'6", at least 3 inches taller than all the other females.

I wish I got more height from my father's side of the family. He's 6'4" and his mother was just short of being a 6 footer. Grandma was one of those tall, elegant, older ladies you rarely see. Seems like most older women are on the small side.
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    She's not quite 11 but it is a possibility..:ohwell:
  • Odin28
    Odin28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 4-7 tall and my nine year old son Darren is already three inches taller than me and he's growing upwards and outwards by the week
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't have children, but I teach secondary school. Practically all my pupils (11 to 18) are taller than me.
    I was asked once whether I found it intimidating... No, I don't. Kids are kids, and you earn their respect (or not) not because of the way you look, but because of how you treat them and how you act in class. In fact, knowing that I can silence a teen half a metre taller than me with just a frown is quite empowering!