At what point does weight become unattractive?

Options

Replies

• StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I have been pursued at every weight by someone who thought I was attractive. And I can also honestly say that I do not give a rat's *kitten* if anyone thinks I'm attractive or not.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and who care what other people think. its what you feel about yourself..enough said
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    For me it is about how you carry your weight but I have been told that I am dumb because I can find scars, stretchmarks or wrinkles as sexy. I like things that make women unique so I am not sure how much I helped.
  • kmluecht
    kmluecht Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The moderators care. You might want to view the forum guidelines.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    that is not completely true either. I am pretty overweight and very healthy. My blood pressure is rarely over 110/65 and most of the time less. I get blood work every year and come back with perfect sugar, cholesterol, and blood cells. Every once in awhile I will be low on iron but not enough to concern my dr. (while preggo though I have to take iron supp) So you can be healthy and overweight. I joined the Army and was considered overweight for height/weight. They did measurements and figured by body fat % I was indeed within the limits and I went on to boot camp and rocked it! I could do 98 sit ups in 2 mins when req was only 53. I could do 45 push ups in 2 mins when req were only 19. I couldn't run worth crap though. If you are short and very muscular you can have a overweight bmi

Being overweight and posting good numbers for BP etc in your 20's is much different than carrying that extra weight into your 50's and 60's. In your 20's your body is still able to cope with the weight but as you age it isn't so easy. BMI is crap because you can be muscular with a high BMI.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a UK size 16. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

She wasn't even remotely pudgy. She had a 22" inch waist. I doubt anyone in a size 16 has that measurement today.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

She wasn't even remotely pudgy. She had a 22" inch waist. I doubt anyone in a size 16 has that measurement today.

Most SUPERMODELS don't have that measurement today.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I see this topic as a breeding ground for even more hurtful and body shaming conversations. :angry:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I think the original post was correct. Obesity is not healthy. There is no way you can eat right and exercise and be fat, yet healthy. Maybe you are accepting and feel like you are contect with your weight and life style, but medically speaking, there is no healthy in being obese.

For the record, the word OBESE was never put in there. It was "overweight". And some of us cannot fit into society's standards of an "acceptable" weight due to certain factors, such as bone density. Now, I AM obese (and was not offended by the OP's words, I just rolled my eyes) but I am working on it. As far as blood factors go, I'm in the norm for everything but cholesterol as of my last check (which was 2 years ago and I've eaten better since then haha). But I know I am unhealthy due to my weight and that's why I'm here. :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

She was an American size 16 (UK 12) and that was wildly different from the vanity sizing of today 37-23-37 is approx a UK 8 today
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This is sch a depressing topic. There is always someone who is going to think someone else is fat, and there is always someone who is going to think someone else is fabulous. And what's worse, at any given time, what those people say and what they actually think deep down aren't even going to be the same thing.

There's only one person in this world who's really, truly going to be with you your entire life, and that's YOU. Be what YOU think is attractive--body and soul--and let the rest of the world do what it's going to do.
  • celb500
    celb500 Posts: 76
    Options
    It depends what you define as attractive to be honest. One mans version of attractive definitely isnt the same as anothers. I have one boy mate who loves girls to be pure skin and bone, he like tall girls who look malnourished and is open about this. It is what he likes. I have another boy mate who loves very large women, especially focused on their chest area i think lol but anyway....Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm 5ft 10 and I am now an 8-10. I think I look fine but have a little way to go with toning etc, my boyfriend says i am more attractive now than i was at a size 14 but others say im too skinny.

Its such a hard topic, it is about how you carry weight and what the person looking at you thinks is attractive.

Plus i think that guy who called you 'borderline' is a *kitten*.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    my husband married me when i was a size 20 he met me when i was a 22 im now a 18 and im pritty sure he wouldnt have married me if i was unattractive .. some people like differant things thats why theirs bow making tons of money eating cake naked on webcams ....
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    How about this for an idea....

We all stop giving a fu!K about other people and their perceptions of beauty and attractiveness and get on with the relatively short *kitten* life that we have.

One mans meat is another mans poison.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through everyone's replies, but to me... weight becomes unattractive when a person lets it destroy their confidence and self-esteem. There is no magic number. There is nothing more attractive than a person who embraces who they are and lets their personality shine.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    My husband has always said women can be attractive at many different weights. When there's cellulite, thats when they become less attractive physically.

Really? Even "super models" have cellulite.

this thread is full of douchness.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person, and how they carry their weight.

I'm apple shaped, and only 5'2", so when I gain weight, a size 8 is no longer attractive for my body because my waist disappears.

But someone who is taller and/or maybe pear shaped might look awesome in a size 8.
  • rosha267
    rosha267 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Why are so many people so sensitive about the thiought that somebody MIGHT find a particular weight unattractive? The op asked for opinions. And I love how people like to throw around Marilyn Monroes dress size yet they never mention her measurements. It was 36-23-36 with only slight fluctuations.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    How about this for an idea....

We all stop giving a fu!K about other people and their perceptions of beauty and attractiveness and get on with the relatively short *kitten* life that we have.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

BOOM.
    My thoughts exactly.
    For just as many people who may find one's weight (or even other attributes) unattractive,
    there are just as many who will not.

-shrug-

It's how you feel that counts the most.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband has always said women can be attractive at many different weights. When there's cellulite, thats when they become less attractive physically.

Really? Even "super models" have cellulite.

this thread is full of douchness.
    Even the premise was douchey.