What do you sweeten your coffee with?!?!

I have gotten my coffee addiction down to two glorious cups per day....I love love love it! I want to find a healthier way to sweeten it. I have been looking online and there is a lot of conflicting information out there. I am really trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I use 2% milk, just a few tbs.

So, fellow weight loss warriors...How do you sweeten YOUR coffee?

Replies

• rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    I use nectresse. It is made from monk fruit.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    I don't use sweeteners at all - tastes better without!

But if I had to, I would use fresh honey - not the stuff runny at room temperature, but REAL honey. My dad uses honey made by our neighbours in his tea :)
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Yuch, sweetened coffee!

Strong and black, the first cup of the day, delivered to my bedside by my own gorgeous "coffee fairy", is the sweetest of the day.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    I also use 2% milk and I don't use any sweetener. In fact I find the taste spoiled if somebody else has offered me cup of coffee either with sugar or sugar substitute. But in my younger days ( when I was gloriously slim) I used to add honey to my coffee.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Stevia, if there is no stevia around then I just drink it black. :drinker:
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 323 Member
    I have gotten my coffee addiction down to two glorious cups per day....I love love love it! I want to find a healthier way to sweeten it. I have been looking online and there is a lot of conflicting information out there. I am really trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I use 2% milk, just a few tbs.

So, fellow weight loss warriors...How do you sweeten YOUR coffee?

^^^^I am wondering the same thing... I am new to coffee and I like it sweet... but have for now replaced real sugar with Equal... but I am not a coffee pro so IDK what I should be using to get the taste as close to what it was before as I can... Equal isn't doing it, but it's drinkable.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    unicorn tears
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    I use Truvia or Stevia.
  • I have gone down from 3 sugars to using artificial sweeteners. Lost about 7lbs and was really proud, but now I keep getting warned about the dangers of sweeteners. I drink a lot of tea & know I should cut down so please, somebody tell me why they're so bad & give me a good scare!
  • granulated sugar
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 164 Member
    Just buy better coffee!!!

(I use a bit of skim milk to cool it in the morning so I can drink it faster.)

Do not use chocolate milk. It's too tasty. If I have chocolate milk in the house I accidentally drink two pots of coffee.
  • fester63
    fester63 Posts: 1
    I use agave nectar. A little goes a long way.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214 Member
    Turbinado sugar and half-and-half and cinnamon. I don't like much of anything that is sugar free or fat free. But I've learned to do with less sugar than two years ago -- 1.5 tsp to 8 oz, and we like our coffee strong and dark. I find that adding a sprinkle of cinnamon helps to cut the bitterness of the coffee without increasing the sweetness.
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    I use sugar free flavored creamer. Eventually, I will weine myself off but for now, I love it!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    I'm a black coffee drinker, but if I must sweeten ... Baileys :bigsmile:
  • I add chocolate protein powder to my coffee. I won't use artificial sweeteners and just adding sugar alone seems to make the coffee wasted calories. With the protein powder at least, it gives the whole drink purpose.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    I drink my coffe black, but I usually make my hubby's with equal. I use equal with my tea though and it taste just like sugar. :)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Simply Stevia - love it.
  • sarashiveley
    sarashiveley Posts: 25 Member
    i use honey. and since i dont really use dairy that much i put a little bit of almond coconut milk in my coffee as well. you can get the sweet version if you like. i also love dark chocolate almond milk by blue diamond. It makes the coffee taste like a mocha coffee!!!! Enjoy!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Truvia or Stevia. Tesco do a small handy pack of truvia 'tablets', that you can put in your drink. I like them because you can carry them around with you, as when I visit someone, not many of my friends have natural sweeteners in their house.