What do you sweeten your coffee with?!?!

Options

Replies

• GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm a black coffee drinker, but if I must sweeten ... Baileys :bigsmile:

Haha! A good laugh is a great way to start my Monday....I thank-you sir!
  • fazbert
    fazbert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you do some online research you'll find that the artificial sweeteners are known to cause cancer amongst other things. If you are looking for a 0 calorie sweetener that is truly natural, try Stevia. It is a plant that you can grow in your yard if you wish. The leaves are super sweet if you were to taste them. They use the leaves to create the product, which looks like a fine sugar. There are many brands out there, but look for one that is pure Stevia and doesn't contain any other fillers/additives. It has a little (very minor) taste to it and it's very sweet and the best part, no calories and no carcinogens!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I normally will use a flavoured creamer. If I don't have that I use either sweetener or honey. I don't worry about sweetener since I don't use a ton of it and the research out there has not been proven as of yet. There have been studies on rats.. but we are not rats. There is information out there about how terrible sweeteners are for you however I have yet to see anything proven. Since I don't use a lot of it I don't worry about it.

I don't use regular sugar unless it's part of the flavoured creamers I use or if it's the only thing around.... normally I just drink it without anything if there is only sugar around.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I use Sugar Free French Vanilla Coffeemate and Splenda. I have also used Light Cream in Flavored Coffee. I have cut down DRASTICALLY in how sweet I used to have to have it. In 24 oz coffee, i would use ubber amounts of creamer and 12 Splenda. NOW, I have cut down to about 3 or 4 TBS of creamer and 7 splenda and slowly working on cutting back even more.

Believe it or not, my ultimate goal is to go withOUT coffee PERIOD but, that is going to take some time or something medical to make me stop!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I just stir it a few times with my finger. My natural sweetness usually does the trick. :wink:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of suger-free creamers. Or you can use sweetened almond milk.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    none, just cream
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sugar and creamer.
  • dfos925
    dfos925 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do like truvia, it has that bit of sweetness to it and not the calories, yhea!!!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I LIKE your reply!
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    right now splenda....because I bought a huge box of it at BJ's and I want to use that up...after that I'm hopping on the Stevia train =)
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I use Xylitol in my coffee. My dentist recommended it. He gave me a handout with a list of gums, floss, toothpaste and mouthwash all sweetened with Xylitol. Apparently it doesn't feed the bacteria between my teeth, it actually inhibits the bacteria growth and keeps the pH balance in my mouth to reduce plaque. Who knew?! :)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Splenda.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    granulated sugar

^^This.
    Two teaspoons, 32 calories...not going to derail your progress if you are otherwise eating healthy.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sugar
  • PGBloom
    PGBloom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LIQUID stevia. Don't like the packets but the liquid is fine.
  • chubby2day
    Options
    I use local honey because it also helps with allergy symptoms .
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee maybe 1-2 times a month at MOST (I am a big tea drinker), but if I do drink it, I like it either black or with a little honey.
  • jbliss1128
    Options
    I have to say that splenda and fat free half n half are the closest thing that i have gotten to the real thing.
  • Monica0430
    Monica0430 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also a coffe lover, I drink mines with liquid stevia and a splash of low fat milk. I would like to learn how to love it without any sweetners dough.