http://www.5lovelanguages.com/
to take your quiz

The 5 major ones are:

*Words of affirmation
*Acts of service
*Receiving gifts
*Quality time
*Physical touch

I scored high on Words of affirmation, Quality time and Physical touch. The next one was receiving gifts, and pretty much nothing for acts of service (although I like those too). It's a priority thing I guess, as to what gives me the experience of feeling loved.

What are yours?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: :indifferent: :ohwell: :indifferent:
  • Countryboy_
    Countryboy_ Posts: 618
    Options
    Words of Affirmation and physical touch equally.

And I get neither.

FAIL>
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Physical Touch.

I hate gifts.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I just took this quiz last week - was overwelmingly "quality time".

Was it bad I immediately told my ex-husband the results? hehe (Him doing nothing but spending time on the computer playing games 24/7 was a huge part of why I wanted to end our 20 yr marriage. And no, it wasn't really that weird I told him - we are still very good friends so talk all the time and he had recently read a book that was kind of along the same lines so it was a relevent comment. (but still felt good to tell him)).
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Physical Touch.

I don't need to take the quiz.
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options
    Quality time and physical touch.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I think it's really good for a relationship to know each other's love language. That way you can interpret each other correctly and know how the other is showing love to you in their own way, plus to make the effort to show love to the other in a way that registers the most for them.

For example, my husband loves physical touch the most, followed by quality time together. And because those 2 things are high on my list as well we're matched up there. I touch him ALL the time, and he's like a sponge, never gets enough. lol! I'm always touching, massaging, scratching his head and back, etc. We also spend a lot of quality time together. Words are not nearly as meaningful to him as they are to me and a lot of times he might think something in his head but just not say it. And there are times I really want to hear the words but don't get them. So I can recognize that it's not that he's not being loving, it's just that this is not his style of showing it as much, and then I can look for the signs with which he shows me love. And if I need to hear certain words I just come out and ask him, directly. lol! We can get our needs met without drama and manipulation. :)
  • adoreabella
    Options
    Words of affirmation
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Physical Touch. My hubby and I read this book together before we got married. It's quite awesome!!
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    Words of affirmation and physical touch!

Ex was acts of service and gifts.

Awful mix.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    Quality time and physical touch
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    AHH I remember this! i tried this a while back. Physical touch.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Acts of Service and Physical Touch.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Words of Affirmation
    Quality Time
    Physical Touch
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    phy touch
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Words of affirmation :smile:
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Words of Affirmation and Receiving Gifts equally? What the hell kind of gold digger am I?!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I have read this book. I am physical touch and quality time. Words of affirmation are nice, acts of service are meh, gifts are almost nothing.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Your Scores

9 Words of Affirmation
    4 Quality Time
    2 Receiving Gifts
    9 Acts of Service
    6 Physical Touch

Yeah, kinda figures for me. Work is demanding of my time and being closer to the top of the food chain there is more focus on responsibility for errors and problems than on praise for anything. I guess deep down I like (or maybe crave that) from my wife. Acts of service also help me not feel like I am overwhelmed. In the last year I have been able to express that better to her and we've really been doing MUCH better with my top three and her top three. her big one is quality time.

Physical touch was a big one for both of us...and boy I like working on certain aspects of that one. :)

:)