What's your love language?

Options

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Words of Affirmation and then Physical Touch...and it is a dangerous and powerful combo! lol

It's been ages since I read that book, but I still remember it well. :)
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your Scores

5Words of Affirmation
    8Quality Time
    3Receiving Gifts
    3Acts of Service
    11Physical Touch

I can't touch my husband enough! He's big and solid and just being close to him makes me feel safe. I would much rather hang out at home watching a movie or something, than go out somewhere.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Words of affirmation followed by physical touch
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    11 - Quality Time
    7 - Physical Touch
    5 - Words of Affirmation
    5 - Acts of Service
    2 - Receiving Gifts

My issue with the touching is I love physical contact with people I'm really close to like a boyfriend, my parents, etc. I hate being touched by random people or even friends I am not super close with. I don't know what that says about me, but yeah.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I found out a long time ago it was acts of service followed by quality time. Gifts and words of affirmation were both the lowest.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    11 - Quality Time
    7 - Physical Touch
    5 - Words of Affirmation
    5 - Acts of Service
    2 - Receiving Gifts

My issue with the touching is I love physical contact with people I'm really close to like a boyfriend, my parents, etc. I hate being touched by random people or even friends I am not super close with. I don't know what that says about me, but yeah.

It's a trust bubble. I have one too. Most law enforcement have one as well.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I just took this quiz last week - was overwelmingly "quality time".

Was it bad I immediately told my ex-husband the results? hehe (Him doing nothing but spending time on the computer playing games 24/7 was a huge part of why I wanted to end our 20 yr marriage.

I can totally relate to this!
    When I finally insisted on a divorce, I told my husband that I thought I'd have a much easier time being lonely if I was single. Being lonely in a marriage is, well, really, really lonely. It is kind of like being a chocoholic on a diet while working at Sees, or being an alcoholic just starting recovery while tending bar.

Yes. At least when you're single, you have the option of meeting other people. I'm at the age where my parents keep asking when I'm going to settle down and get married, and I keep telling my mom to stop pushing me because being in a marriage with someone I don't really love and who doesn't really love me has to be way lonelier than being single.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    this might explain why some people like to come on to threads where they get verbal feedback, because it's high on their list and they may not get that need met sufficiently.
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    7 - Words of Affirmation
    6 - Quality Time
    2 - Receiving Gifts
    7 - Acts of Service
    8 - Physical Touch

I need to be touched while being serviced and being told that someone enjoys spending time with me instead of giving me gifts!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Oh, the "love languages". I struggle with enjoying this concept, though I think it can help make people more aware of what others are actually doing, and not just what they see them NOT doing. I notice a lot of couples tend to focus on what they feel like their partner isn't doing, instead of what they are, and being aware of different modes of communication can help a ton, so I like the concept for that.

But what I've noticed is that some people can develop a sense of entitlement around whatever their "language" is, and from then on say things like "Well, my language is this. If you want me to be happy, it needs to be in this language". Meh. Happy is what you take out of something, not what someone else puts into it. The idea is that ultimately, YOU are your own source of happiness, and things that people do for you are nice, and you should be aware of your own needs so you can find someone that can suit them more easily, but it's still not their job to speak your "language" just because you like it.

And this is a proverbial you, not "you" the OP, haha. I just have some issues with the idea of "love languages", because I've seen it be useful, and I've also seen it be used really inefficiently.

Just because I was curious, and haven't done it in a while, I took the quiz again. I forgot how much I don't really care about gifts, haha:

7 Words of Affirmation
    9 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    9 Acts of Service
    5 Physical Touch
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Words of Affirmation-9
    Acts of Service-8

Receiving gifts was a 3, and the other two were tied at 5.

Sounds accurate to me.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Apparently it's silence. When you're single, that's what you get. :tongue:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Oh, the "love languages". I struggle with enjoying this concept, though I think it can help make people more aware of what others are actually doing, and not just what they see them NOT doing. I notice a lot of couples tend to focus on what they feel like their partner isn't doing, instead of what they are, and being aware of different modes of communication can help a ton, so I like the concept for that.

But what I've noticed is that some people can develop a sense of entitlement around whatever their "language" is, and from then on say things like "Well, my language is this. If you want me to be happy, it needs to be in this language". Meh. Happy is what you take out of something, not what someone else puts into it. The idea is that ultimately, YOU are your own source of happiness, and things that people do for you are nice, and you should be aware of your own needs so you can find someone that can suit them more easily, but it's still not their job to speak your "language" just because you like it.

And this is a proverbial you, not "you" the OP, haha. I just have some issues with the idea of "love languages", because I've seen it be useful, and I've also seen it be used really inefficiently.

I couldn't agree with you more. Entitlement in a relationship is a recipe for disaster, imho. I find it works best when I take responsibility for my own happiness and not expect my partner to make me happy, and out of love to do what I can to treat him well and in a way that registers for him the best (love language). I can let him know what I prefer, but then be grateful for the ways in which he shows me, in whatever way that is. I may not get all my preferences met all the time, but I get enough of what matters to stay in the relationship. I'm definitely not a nagger, whiner or complainer... hate that way of being. Sucks to be disgruntled in life.
  • acherise316
    acherise316 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quality time then words of affirmation & acts of service are tied in second.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Quality Time and Physical Touch were my two biggest, being at 11 and 9 respectively. No shock there, I get lonely when I don't get my daily hugs in!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My top two are Physical Touch and Quality Time. My husband's are the same, so we make a good match.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I did this a few days ago!

Quality time :smile:
    words of affirmation :flowerforyou:
    physical touch :blushing:

I liket his concept because it makes you understand that different people show love differently and they will also give love differently.
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Mine is Quality Time! :smile:
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Your Scores

9 Words of Affirmation
    10 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    4 Acts of Service