NSV - Of Motorcycles, Cops and Weight Loss

Options
HealthWoke0ish
HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
I used to ride bullet bikes until I started gaining weight and my friend commented that a fat guy on a bullet bike looks like a pitbull trying to hump a football. I switched to cruisers and currently ride a VTX 1300 (downgraded from the 1800 a couple years ago to save a bit on gas). Anyhooo.

Burning down one of the main drags in town and got lit up by a city cop. I figured I was about to be screwed because I hadn't registered the the bike since first buying it a couple years ago (part of the rebel motorcycle image, no?). The cop had me dismount and stand next to the bike. He took my license and paperwork back to his car to run me. He was in there longer than I expected and when he came back, he asked me to recite some of the info on my license and some additional info, e.g., address, social security number, etc.). After the questions, he walked back to his car, did some more checking, and then returned.

"Sir," he said slowly, "Sorry for the delay, but you have lost a lot of weight!" The license listed my weight around 380lbs (I can't remember exactly and I don't have my wallet on my), I'm in the 270's currently. He was impressed enough that he only wrote me a warning,told me not to speed, and advised me to go in and get my registration renewed.

Not too shabby, no? :)

Replies

• lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Very cool!! I've never heard that happen before. Wicked. Hope you don't have to renew soon..milk it for all its worth!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    ...my friend commented that a fat guy on a bullet bike looks like a pitbull trying to hump a football.

Ha aha ha haaa!
    I love that description! I have to steal it. Your friend, sir, is a genius.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love your story!!!!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So awesome!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaaa, best NSV ever! Great job!
  • mommyofoneinwi
    Options
    That is a way cool story! Thanks for sharing!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love this one. I had a related one. I took my class sometime back and went down to the DPS office to take the written test and get it added to my license. The lady at the counter said I absolutely had to get a new picture because I had lost so much weight and definitely looked different.

I ride a 2012 Harley CVO Softail Convertible and my wife rides a 2006 Fat Boy. Yes, she has her own bike. Kind of cool, isn't it?

Keep the shiny side up.
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great NSV - congrats!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I want a bike so bad! *jealous*

Congrats on the NSV- funny story! :-D
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • kcobb268
    kcobb268 Posts: 85
    Options
    Good for you! Another perk for losing weight and the hard work you've put in to yourself!!!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! :)
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice! And yay to the cop too! We all need inspiration!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my Yamaha Stratoliner seems to have picked up a couple of horsepower since I've lost a whole freaking person!
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my Yamaha Stratoliner seems to have picked up a couple of horsepower since I've lost a whole freaking person!

I do drill team and obstacle courses as part of my unit at Shriners Conventions. I've noticed a BIIIIG difference in my abilities from last year. I can hoss myself around a lot better on tight turns and the bike jumps out on the straight aways giving me better times.

To the OP- Happy for you, brother.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!