NSV - Of Motorcycles, Cops and Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! lol It's all about the power to weight ratio! I just want to get into my old chaps and not have to buy new ones..but I sure love your WIN better! lol
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    And btw...in case you don't know there's a group on here just for us riders trying to improve our power to weight ratio! lol
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1934-lookin-bad-on-my-bike-
  • k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey NSV GREAT story.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    How cool! WTG!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats man!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    haha - that was an awesome NSV
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I love this one. I had a related one. I took my class sometime back and went down to the DPS office to take the written test and get it added to my license. The lady at the counter said I absolutely had to get a new picture because I had lost so much weight and definitely looked different.

I ride a 2012 Harley CVO Softail Convertible and my wife rides a 2006 Fat Boy. Yes, she has her own bike. Kind of cool, isn't it?

Keep the shiny side up.

Nice, man! Great work on the weight -loss. And duuuuuuuuuuuuude...I covet your bike! Haha:) Some day, some day...gotta keep paying for the kids. When they grow up and move out, dad is getting a Harley. :)
  • ricklperry
    Options
    That's very cool! Acknowledgement like that isn't expected from a cop by a fellow rider like me. And no, my wife doesn't ride her own bike, she sits on the back where she belongs ;)
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Maybe the greatest NSV I've ever read and that's no lie!
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's exactly because of situations like this that I like the fact that Pennsylvania doesn't list your weight on your license. That is far too easy to fluctuate!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    ...my friend commented that a fat guy on a bullet bike looks like a pitbull trying to hump a football.

Ha aha ha haaa!
    I love that description! I have to steal it. Your friend, sir, is a genius.

^^^totally^^^
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    This is a contender for BEST NSV EVER!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a street glide and I participate on a motorcycle forum. I've got to share this story with those folks. Great job OP! And ride safe.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    that made me smile hugely - what a great NSV!! :bigsmile:
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great. Must have made you feel like a million bucks. So did you take care of those issues? LOL
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    I've noticed that my Yamaha Stratoliner seems to have picked up a couple of horsepower since I've lost a whole freaking person!

Haha. Right!? We forget these bikes have a suggested load of around 500 (I know it varies, but still...) and that at our heaviest selves, we might not be able to add a passenger without severely affecting our bikes' acceleration. Nice to lose weight and allow the motor to move my bike...not my bulk. Haha. Congratulations to you for "re-allocating" some of your horsepower. :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    I do drill team and obstacle courses as part of my unit at Shriners Conventions. I've noticed a BIIIIG difference in my abilities from last year. I can hoss myself around a lot better on tight turns and the bike jumps out on the straight aways giving me better times.

To the OP- Happy for you, brother.

Thanks bro. Happy for you too and envious of your motorcycle past-time. I only know how to ride in a straight line...haha:) Keep on riding!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!

I'm a rider too, previously 450, now 202!!! I ride a Shadow 750 ACE (77,000 all-mine miles), and a Honda GoldWing (when riding 2-up with the wife.) :-)

Keep the shiny-side up, dude!

-BootJockey
  • IslandRider
    IslandRider Posts: 244
    Options
    Pretty cool NSV, congrats on the awesome loss!
    That's very cool! Acknowledgement like that isn't expected from a cop by a fellow rider like me. And no, my wife doesn't ride her own bike, she sits on the back where she belongs ;)

^^ Some of us just don't ride b*tch, lol! :tongue:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Wow....that HAD to make your day! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!