Motivated women age 30-40 with 30-40 pounds to lose

Options
I would like to find a small group of ladies that want to do a 90 day challenge with me. I am thinking no more than 20 challengers to keep it small. I really want to find women very much like me in age/weight that share similar goals and have the same motivation.

I am 35 and need to lose about 35 pounds. I love to workout but my struggle is with food. I REALLY stuggle with food. My plan is to track my food every day on MFP in addition to working out 5-6 days per week. I refuse to go another summer feeling bad about myself. I want to lose the extra weight and also get a strong, toned body.

In this group we will encourage each other, share recipes, talk about our workouts and do weekly weigh ins. I will be creating a private Facebook page for the group.

You:

- a woman age 30-40

- need to lose 30-40 pounds

- working out is a big part of your weight loss plan

- are highly motivated to work hard and succeed - no excuses

- you are willing to check in regularly and support your challengers

- must be willing to join a private Facebook group

If you are interested please post here or send my a message. The first 20 are in.

Replies

• cebelton
    cebelton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you get a group together I'd love to be in!
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! I'll be 37 at the end of this month, by height/weight charts have a more than 40 to lose, but I plan to evaluate once I get to that point.

I've started exercising 5+ days/week, and while I have to get up at 3:45, I'm doing it. But I'm finding the restriction with food hard to manage- for the most part I'm keeping it together, and on track, but I'm HANGRY a lot of times. Food isn't pleasurable right now, it's a chore and source for anxiety. And my kids/husband don't benefit from a not-fat mommy if she's ticking time-bomb all the time.
  • amazingfitgirl
    amazingfitgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the group page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitclub90daychallenge/
  • amazingfitgirl
    Options
    bump
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm in, well if you will have me. I'm about 208 right now, ideally I'd like to be 160, but know I'm happy at 170/175 some making that my first goal and going to re-evaluate at that point. Close enough?
  • asaunders1981
    Options
    Id like to join:) im 32, have about 30 pounds to lose, and REALLY struggle with food as well. Its far more anxiety-inducing than anything...have considered that I have an addiction?! I work out 4 times per week, really involved in weight training, and thoroughly enjoy it, so no problems there...
  • ghostlygirl
    Options
    This is exactly what I need right now. However, I'm 42 years old. But I AM struggling! I've got friends on MFP that are losing weight left and right yet I keep cheating! I need some motivation and I think this will help! I need to lose 40 lbs, but will be happy with 20-25 by summer!
  • julialou1979
    julialou1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    33, and would like to lose another 25 - but i'm comfortable with 20 if my muscles take over. Running 4/week and lifting 2/ week. Running my first half-marathon in May. Would totally like to join!
  • julialou1979
    julialou1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Uh.. yes. I guess 25 is not between 30-40, but losing 30 would not be bad. And if you'll take me anyway would love to stay in.
  • kelleysjb
    kelleysjb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    'This is perfect because I just started p90X lean today and it would be nice to do this with a group and be accountable. I also have a huge problem with food. A couple of years ago I was in great shape and then I lost all of my motivation and no I need to lose 40 pounds. I'm tired of being tired and I really want to feel proud of myself this summer instead of self conscious of how tight my shorts are. I am 41 years old but hope I can still join :smile:

Kelley
  • amazingfitgirl
    Options
    I thought I just posted but it didn't show up.

All you ladies that want to join - I posted the facebook group link above. As long as you are in a close range of age and weight loss goal please feel free to join. I am just trying to keep the group as close to the same goals in the same age range so that we share a lot in common and can help each other succeed.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I put in a request with the FB group. I'm 35, work out 6-7 days a week, and still have 20-30 lbs to lose (depending on if you ask me or the BMI.).
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am 35, mother of 3 and i need to loose 35-40 pounds. I also need motivation and right now i am struggling.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would also like to be a part of this group. I am 37. I have about 20-30 pounds to lose! I started working out a lot about a month ago. I still work out 6-7 days a week, running mostly. I really feel having such a great support system would be a huge benefit. Please feel free to add me as a friend here too. Anyone here in this age range with the 20-30 pounds to lose can add me also. Thanks a lot!
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am In - 37 soon to be 38. almost 30 lbs down with roughly 30-40lbs left to go! :)
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS ADD ME PLEASE!! Just started back up March 1st after a 28 lb loss, quit last Sept and gained 6 lbs back!
    NO EXCUSES!!! I am 34 and have 30-35 to go to get to my goal weight!! Let's move our A** this March Ladies :)
  • cgaschler
    Options
    I am 38 with 30-40 pounds to go! I just started a 90 day challenge exercise plan I found on pinterest. I have 3 youngsters that run circles around me. I want them to know Mom cares enough to keep up. I live in a VERY rural setting (nearest neighbor 3 miles) so all of my fitness has to occur here at the farm. Carbs are my crutch so I need encouragement! I would love to join in!
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options

Just Joined!!! Thanks!
  • ashbee62
    ashbee62 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 32 years old and have about 30-40 lbs to lose... I've lost 15 lbs since last year but it's been a bit too slow! I also have major issues with food that I'm working on -- exercise is not really the problem. Would love a group of women my age who can be there with love and support!
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    'This is perfect because I just started p90X lean today and it would be nice to do this with a group and be accountable. I also have a huge problem with food. A couple of years ago I was in great shape and then I lost all of my motivation and no I need to lose 40 pounds. I'm tired of being tired and I really want to feel proud of myself this summer instead of self conscious of how tight my shorts are. I am 41 years old but hope I can still join :smile:

Kelley

This! I am 35 and I am on week 4 of 6 week 6 pack. I will be starting p90x on April 3. I want to finish it by my 36th bday on July 3. I would love to join the group.