Processed foods aren't causing death.........

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
According to the "clean" and "unprocessed" food eaters here, eating processed man made foods will end up making us unhealthy and a quicker demise.

So then shouldn't we just inundate death row with processed foods? It would be legal.

Oh wait, we already do that, along with the lowest quality foods and medical service. And yet, these guys are still alive and costing the taxpayers.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm going to invent the pizza hut chair and pixie stick injection as new forms of punishment.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Literal death by chocolate!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Although I don't have a bicep pic, I feel I can comment here ....

Maybe the inmates wouldn't live so long if they didn't have all that sweet workout equipment we see on tv.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I ate at 5 Guys yesterday. It's ok. I washed the burger first.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Although I don't have a bicep pic, I feel I can comment here ....

Maybe the inmates wouldn't live so long if they didn't have all that sweet workout equipment we see on tv.

LOL! Thanks for this post :D
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Processed food is good for you , GMO's are too ! Feed your kids that fluorescent yogurt and don't worry about 2 paragraphs of things you can't pronounce in the ingredients .

Murica !
  • Zosimah
    Zosimah Posts: 54 Member
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Processed food is good for you , GMO's are too ! Feed your kids that fluorescent yogurt and don't worry about 2 paragraphs of things you can't pronounce in the ingredients .

Murica!
    Always love the "if you can't pronounce it" statements. Like that's a pre requisite for "non chemical" foods!:laugh:

Pronounce these: neohesperidin, naringin, rhoifolin, lonicerin, hesperidin, and other polymethoxyflavonoids (tangeretin, nobiletin, sinensetin, auranetin, rutin, etc.) dimethoxycoumarin and umbelliferone, citraurin, violaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin.

Believe it or not, that's the chemical make up of an orange peel.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I guess it's easier to adhere to pointless rules about eating foods based on one's linguistic skills or use words like "processed" or "chemicals" as if they have some meaning in the discussion, than it is to actually articulate the concern.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm going to invent the pizza hut chair and pixie stick injection as new forms of punishment.

tumblr_m79sguIEKl1roo5sg.gif
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Murica!
    Always love the "if you can't pronounce it" statements. Like that's a pre requisite for "non chemical" foods!:laugh:

Pronounce these: neohesperidin, naringin, rhoifolin, lonicerin, hesperidin, and other polymethoxyflavonoids (tangeretin, nobiletin, sinensetin, auranetin, rutin, etc.) dimethoxycoumarin and umbelliferone, citraurin, violaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin.

It's an even more crap rule when you've worked in hospitals for years, so can say Latin and Greek words (and understand their entymology) as easily as breathing.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I choose not to fill my body with man - added chemicals. You choose to do so.

Don't hate.

It's impossible to avoid it all..but you can avoid most of it. :~) and I intend to.

Oh yes.. and those chemicals.. I would put money on it that they are the cause of most disease.. of course.. we haven't lived long enough consuming them to really know.. since pre what.. 1960s?? almost nothing was processed??

Either way.. my clean unprocessed food tastes better and I feel fuller eating it. lol

ETA: Oh yes... I'll take the pixie stick injection.. minus the dye please.. LOL (sugar is natural ya know.. LOL)
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Murica!

IDEA Fitness member

I always thought that was a silly statement. Some people don't even have problems pronouncing seemingly difficult to pronounce words. Ask me to spell it if you said the word to me, and yeah I probably couldn't. Slightly different skill. But I can say it if I'm looking at it.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Not giving up my damn Pop Tarts.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Hugs her chocolate pudding a little closer
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

Murica!

IDEA Fitness member

Smart men are a thing of mine :laugh:
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Not giving up my damn Pop Tarts.
    [/

I feel the same about Diet Coke aka nectar of the gods. but I know it's terrible for me .

Que poster arguing the health benefits of Diet coke
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I choose not to fill my body with man - added chemicals. You choose to do so.

Don't hate.

It's impossible to avoid it all..but you can avoid most of it. :~) and I intend to.

Oh yes.. and those chemicals.. I would put money on it that they are the cause of most disease.. of course.. we haven't lived long enough consuming them to really know.. since pre what.. 1960s?? almost nothing was processed??

Either way.. my clean unprocessed food tastes better and I feel fuller eating it. lol

ETA: Oh yes... I'll take the pixie stick injection.. minus the dye please.. LOL (sugar is natural ya know.. LOL)
    No hate. Just eye rolling the when it comes to those that say processed foods are killers. Lots of it in Asia. Spam, ramen, msg, sodium nitrate, but for some odd reason they don't have the issues (especially with weight) we do in the US.

You do realize that the sugar in a pixie stick is refined though?:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Call it waxing poetic, but I thought death was causing death. Nobody would be dead if they didn't die. Hm. It's a conundrum.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Processed foods, fast foods, junk foods are all healthy...if you can stand the Side Effects.

"Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seporiasoriasis, itching, chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home... feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, clubfoot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids, dry heaving, and sexual dysfunction." Jeff Foxworthy :laugh: