Processed foods aren't causing death.........

Options

Replies

• himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Call it waxing poetic, but I thought death was causing death. Nobody would be dead if they didn't die. Hm. It's a conundrum.

So true. I can state with 100% confidence that the number one killer in the world is death.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I choose not to fill my body with man - added chemicals. You choose to do so.

Don't hate.

It's impossible to avoid it all..but you can avoid most of it. :~) and I intend to.

Oh yes.. and those chemicals.. I would put money on it that they are the cause of most disease.. of course.. we haven't lived long enough consuming them to really know.. since pre what.. 1960s?? almost nothing was processed??

Either way.. my clean unprocessed food tastes better and I feel fuller eating it. lol

ETA: Oh yes... I'll take the pixie stick injection.. minus the dye please.. LOL (sugar is natural ya know.. LOL)
    No hate. Just eye rolling the when it comes to those that say processed foods are killers. Lots of it in Asia. Spam, ramen, msg, sodium nitrate, but for some odd reason they don't have the issues (especially with weight) we do in the US.

You do realize that the sugar in a pixie stick is refined though?:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

haha.. yes I do.. which is why i said you can't avoid all of it.. I'm also realistic.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    After eating my carry-out buffalo wild wings with Caribbean Jerk sauce and sipping my diet Squirt and having a two month old Twinkie (OMG - it's still fresh!) for desert...I am sure I definitely have no opinion about this.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    My granny was one of the most out of shape, junk food eating, cigarette smoking woman I ever knew. She weighted 135lbs when she passed away at 92. A few days before she stopped eating she asked us for a box of nutty buddys, a box of swiss cake rolls little debbies, a large cheese pizza, some mellow yellows, and a bag of marshmellows while she lay there and finished the last season of lost. We all sat with her chatting about her show and laughing, having a good time with her for days. She did finish her show a few days before she passed. I hope I live to be as old as she was.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    bump for more fun
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    bump for more fun

party foul...one cannot bump one's own thread.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

:heart: :drinker: :laugh: :love: :heart:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Processed food is good for you , GMO's are too ! Feed your kids that fluorescent yogurt and don't worry about 2 paragraphs of things you can't pronounce in the ingredients .

Murica!
    Always love the "if you can't pronounce it" statements. Like that's a pre requisite for "non chemical" foods!:laugh:

Pronounce these: neohesperidin, naringin, rhoifolin, lonicerin, hesperidin, and other polymethoxyflavonoids (tangeretin, nobiletin, sinensetin, auranetin, rutin, etc.) dimethoxycoumarin and umbelliferone, citraurin, violaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin.

Believe it or not, that's the chemical make up of an orange peel.

It's an even more crap rule when you've worked in hospitals for years, so can say Latin and Greek words (and understand their entymology) as easily as breathing.

It really sucks for the illiterate...they can't eat anything because they can't even read it, let alone pronounce it...and forget knowing what it is. They're totally screwed.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone a long life no matter what their choices.

Here's a good read on why some people chose less processed eating:

http: www.webmed.com/health-aging/features/eating-longevity

If that does work, goes to webmd and searching on the terms diet longevity should take you there.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Just stop beating a dead horse already :P Eat the best you can and don't answer to anyone but yourself. No one is on trail and no one frankly gives a **** what you do.
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure water causes death. 100% of people who drink water will die =/
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    According to the "clean" and "unprocessed" food eaters here, eating processed man made foods will end up making us unhealthy and a quicker demise.

So then shouldn't we just inundate death row with processed foods? It would be legal.

Oh wait, we already do that, along with the lowest quality foods and medical service. And yet, these guys are still alive and costing the taxpayers.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

quicker =/= instant
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

That doesn't make water the cause of death.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that even if it was proven that Pizza caused cancer I wouldn't stop eating it.

DIRTY EATING 4LIFE!!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    And remember when they thought cigarettes weren't bad? Doctors actually prescribed them for anxiety & stress.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    And remember when they thought cigarettes weren't bad? Doctors actually prescribed them for anxiety & stress.
    And not drinking water made you "tougher" when exercising hard...........................yeah, I think we're much more knowledgeable now compared to back in the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

That doesn't make water the cause of death.

water does kill more people than any other chemical IIRC...
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    bump for more fun

party foul...one cannot bump one's own thread.

Doesn't bump mean "Bring Up My Post"?
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just stop beating a dead horse already :P Eat the best you can and don't answer to anyone but yourself. No one is on trail and no one frankly gives a **** what you do.

ITA. Bumping for more "fun"? Nah, a big ole yawn from me re: this threads tired topic. Beating a dead horse indeed ;)
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I have to laugh at that, because you know what, they are actually good for anxiety and stress. You now what else they are good for, my particular brand of RLS. After I quit smoking it went off the charts bad. I did a few experiments and smoking a single cigarette stopped visible muscles twitches from my RLS for approximately fifteen minutes. Does that make the trade off, the "side effect" if you will of cancer a good trade? No, probably not. But, on the other hand if I knew for a fact that I would die of something unrelated to cigarettes before I would get cancer, you can bet your bippy i would still be smoking to control the RLS. Most things in life, probably INCLUDING so called "processed" foods are probably a mix of good and bad. And I didn't see processed fruit snacks giving people Hepatitis, that was the organic berries.