Asparagus

Options
Any good recipes for asparagus? I have some to use by the end of the week and was wondering if you guys have any low cal delicious ideas?

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I drizzle a little EVOO on it with salt and pepper and garlic powder and roast them in a 400 degree oven.. My kids love them this way
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion above. Spray with olive oil, add some garlic and roast.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Simply roasting is best. But, you could always chop them up and add to a stir fry or as the base for an omelette.

There is also the old wrap small bundles of asparagus with proscuitto and broil till crisp.....yum!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Okay, one more. Cook your asparagus in some vegetable or chicken stock, along with chopped onion till very soft. Take the contents to your blender and add cream or even plain yogurt, season, and you have a simple cream of asparagus soup.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Not sure how calorie friendly it is but my boyfriend loves it when I do a variation of this recipe....

http://oneperfectbite.blogspot.ca/2010/05/sauteed-sweet-and-spicy-szechuan.html

Not sure if my recipe is exactly the same but pretty close :)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I steam them until they are bright green (a couple of minutes at most), then make a garlic butter (butter/olive oil/herbs/garlic) and put a dollop on ... eat. Yum.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    olive oil, orange zest, black pepper, then toss 'em on the grill. BOOM!
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like to take any vegetables that go really well with garlic, chop em up and put them in some mashed or baked potatoes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Asparagus risotto is nice. I don't have a recipe, because I'm not a recipe person, but I bet Epicurious has one...
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    a little sesame oil, some soy sauce and a clove on minced garlic, brush it on them and put them on the grill. While grilling sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
    They are amazing!
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wilki089
    wilki089 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Broil w/EVOO and lemon butter seasoning (not real butter). Yum!

I also like to toss w/whole wheat pasta or rice w/EVOO, garlic, and just a sprinkle of parmasian aregiano cheese.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Wrap 3 or 4 stalks with a piece of bacon after seasoning the asparagus, bake until the bacon is crunchy and amazing. You won't regret this one. I also take the asparagus and cut in in 3rds saute it with 3 or 4 slices of bacon cut up into small pieces. Take some salad mix and add 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds and 1/4 cup of cranberries. Add the Asparagus and bacon to the salad and enjoy, very yummy, just had this tonight except with ham instead of the bacon.

baconandaparagus.jpg

myyummydinner_zpsb60b68cb.jpg
    this pic shows it with some chicken but not much asparagus, I add more asparagus now and leave the chicken off.
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus. Put onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt and cracked black pepper on top and bake at 400 degrees until tender and slightly crisp. YUM!
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Roast in the oven and then covered with a little bit of light Caesar dressing
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Wrap 3 or 4 stalks with a piece of bacon after seasoning the asparagus, bake until the bacon is crunchy and amazing. You won't regret this one. I also take the asparagus and cut in in 3rds saute it with 3 or 4 slices of bacon cut up into small pieces. Take some salad mix and add 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds and 1/4 cup of cranberries. Add the Asparagus and bacon to the salad and enjoy, very yummy, just had this tonight except with ham instead of the bacon.

I saw this and just want to say no....adding bacon to asparagus takes something very healthful and turns it to *kitten*. Sorry....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Roasted Asparagus: Olive oil, salt and pepper, 400* for about 10 mins. Love them, matter fact had some tonite for dinner. :bigsmile:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Spray or toss lightly in olive oil, sprinkle with paprika, bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes. Quick, easy, delicious.