Strength training at home

Options
2»

Replies

• vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it at home on and off for years, depends on where I lived and if there was a fitness center nearby, etc. Currently I do mostly at home, we have an old Soloflex which is a GREAT GREAT piece of equipment (replaced by the Bowflex a few years ago, we do not have one of these but they are supposed to be good too) and I have a basic weight bench with arm and leg extension accessories, which weights can be put on, these allow me to do leg extension, leg curls, some arm exercises, etc.. Then I have several free weights, up to 15 pound dumbbells. Also have leg weights which I can strap to my ankles to do abductions, hip raises, donkey kicks, etc. Finally the good old swiss ball and rollout wheel for abdominal work. Just bought a Jungle Gym XT but haven't suspended it from the ceiling yet. I added all these things gradually over the years. For info on how to do the exercises, example training routines etc. I absolutely recommend the "Women's Health Big Book of Exercises". I also get daily e-mails from Men's Health and Women's Health and they highlight various exercises or new variations on existing ones. Strength training is EXTREMELY important for well-rounded health and fitness so even if this all sounds like a lot - you don't need to do it all but do what you can!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme DVds or You arevyourvown gym book/app.