WEIGHT GAIN -- HELP!?!?!

Options

Replies

• 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't panic!!!
    the fact that you stepped back on to another 2lb gain shows your scales are being weird.

Take a moment and check in with yourself. Do you FEEL 16lb heavier?

Weigh yourself on some different scales, don't go into a binge or beat yourself up.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Don't panic!!!
    the fact that you stepped back on to another 2lb gain shows your scales are being weird.

Take a moment and check in with yourself. Do you FEEL 16lb heavier?

Weigh yourself on some different scales, don't go into a binge or beat yourself up.

I FEEL FAT!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    omg dis happen 2 a frnd of mine wonce n she nded up bein pregnant!!1
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    Muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat. We all know that, duh

I am pretty sure that this is solid scientific evidence...
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I think you need to toss that scale in the trash. How are your clothes fitting?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    it's muscle mass. does your boyfriend keep any weights in the house? sometimes that can cause you to bulk and you don't even have to pick them up. particles of iron enter the air, and basically get asorbed by your muscles.

it's ok. the usual remedies still apply here. just do a cleanse. a little palmolive and a bottle brush should do the trick. might wanna put some plastic wrap down first to protect the floor.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think your scale is off..to gain 16 pounds in a week you would have to eat an extra 51,200 calories...that is ALOT of food...

Have you tried another scale?

Yesterday a drank a whole bottle of wine and ate pizza and other things.... I don't know what that equals.

a bottle of wine + whole pizza is not going to equal 52,000 calories...

Your scale is broke...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

I weigh naked.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You obviously did not read my OP carefully.

Thanks for your input without paying attention, but I DID NOT EAT ANYTHING between the times I weighed myself today.

I know what you wrote but if you've ever seen an episode of Matlock you know that sometimes people's stories change when they're being questioned.

So, I ask you AGAIN. Did you eat or drink anything between the first and second times you weighed yourself? Were you wearing clothes? Describe them. We're going to find out what's going on, you don't need all these doctors that people are talking about.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    it's muscle mass. does your boyfriend keep any weights in the house? sometimes that can cause you to bulk and you don't even have to pick them up. particles of iron enter the air, and basically get asorbed by your muscles.

it's ok. the usual remedies still apply here. just do a cleanse. a little palmolive and a bottle brush should do the trick. might wanna put some plastic wrap down first to protect the floor.

I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND! IS THE WHOLE WORLD TRYING TO MAKE ME GO BUY MORE ICE CREAM RIGHT NOW?!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat. We all know that, duh

I am pretty sure that this is solid scientific evidence...

right, and you can magically convert fat into muscle while eating in deficit...this was proven in Einsteins theory or relativity...who knew?
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    14 pounds times 3500 calories in 1 pound = 49000 calories extra. Unless you ate that many calories extra, there is no way you could have gained that much weight...unless you have a serious medical condition or where wearing a lot of clothes. I would weigh on a different scale.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You gained 2 LBS in 5 minutes? 7thousand calories in 5 minutes?? Call Guiness!
    :smile:
    Seriously though. Breathe deeply. Step away from the scale for a few days. Drink lots of water. Wait for your period, your ovulation, the sodiium bomb you ate etc. to work its way out. Keep exercising, and eating right. And don't panic. You got this!

(Then buy a new scale)

Is this a troll thread? I'll reply anyway, since others will take it seriously.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options

I weigh naked.

Have you tried a scale buddy? You should definitely have a spotter or something to check your form on the scale...
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You probably just need to poop. I have a suppository I would like to recommend. PM me for details.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND! IS THE WHOLE WORLD TRYING TO MAKE ME GO BUY MORE ICE CREAM RIGHT NOW?!

After that cleanse, honey, the boys will be lining up. Save the ice cream till after the first date!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, muscle weighs more than fat so you are probably just putting on muscle with all of that stepping on and off the scale. Just be careful not to bulk up, I mean, ick, srsly.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I think your scale is off..to gain 16 pounds in a week you would have to eat an extra 51,200 calories...that is ALOT of food...

Have you tried another scale?

Yesterday a drank a whole bottle of wine and ate pizza and other things.... I don't know what that equals.

a bottle of wine + whole pizza is not going to equal 52,000 calories...

Your scale is broke...

I am not completely idiot.

I know about carbs making you gain water weight 1 g carbs and 3 g water and pizza is many carbs. Maybe that is the reason and I am just suggesting possibilities.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    You gained 2 LBS in 5 minutes? 7thousand calories in 5 minutes?? Call Guiness!
    :smile:
    Seriously though. Breathe deeply. Step away from the scale for a few days. Drink lots of water. Wait for your period, your ovulation, the sodiium bomb you ate etc. to work its way out. Keep exercising, and eating right. And don't panic. You got this!

(Then buy a new scale)

ummm this is just F'ing wrong on so many levels LOL

ovulation leads to 16 pound weight gain?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    You obviously did not read my OP carefully.

Thanks for your input without paying attention, but I DID NOT EAT ANYTHING between the times I weighed myself today.

I know what you wrote but if you've ever seen an episode of Matlock you know that sometimes people's stories change when they're being questioned.

So, I ask you AGAIN. Did you eat or drink anything between the first and second times you weighed yourself? Were you wearing clothes? Describe them. We're going to find out what's going on, you don't need all these doctors that people are talking about.

This is very unpolite.

I did not eat anything ok.