WEIGHT GAIN -- HELP!?!?!

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think your scale is off..to gain 16 pounds in a week you would have to eat an extra 51,200 calories...that is ALOT of food...

Have you tried another scale?

Yesterday a drank a whole bottle of wine and ate pizza and other things.... I don't know what that equals.

a bottle of wine + whole pizza is not going to equal 52,000 calories...

Your scale is broke...

I am not completely idiot.

I know about carbs making you gain water weight 1 g carbs and 3 g water and pizza is many carbs. Maybe that is the reason and I am just suggesting possibilities.

carbs make you gain water weight...

yea, now I am thinking this is a troll thread...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You gained 2 LBS in 5 minutes? 7thousand calories in 5 minutes?? Call Guiness!
    :smile:
    Seriously though. Breathe deeply. Step away from the scale for a few days. Drink lots of water. Wait for your period, your ovulation, the sodiium bomb you ate etc. to work its way out. Keep exercising, and eating right. And don't panic. You got this!

(Then buy a new scale)

ummm this is just F'ing wrong on so many levels LOL

ovulation leads to 16 pound weight gain?
    ummm I was referring to the general picture.
    Ovulation generally causes a 2LB blip on my scale. Not 16. Don't be ridiculous. She had a 2LB brief blip. Or so she says (I think it's a troll thread, actually)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I know what you wrote but if you've ever seen an episode of Matlock you know that sometimes people's stories change when they're being questioned.

So, I ask you AGAIN. Did you eat or drink anything between the first and second times you weighed yourself? Were you wearing clothes? Describe them. We're going to find out what's going on, you don't need all these doctors that people are talking about.

This is very unpolite.

I did not eat anything ok.

I don't want to bager you but I believe you're avoiding the question. You've said that you didn't eat anything but did you DRINK anything? And you continue to avoid describing your clothes to me when you weighed the first and second time. Any sort of accessory could've tipped the balance, as it were.

I'm also beginning to think this is a troll thread.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think your scale is off..to gain 16 pounds in a week you would have to eat an extra 51,200 calories...that is ALOT of food...

Yesterday a drank a whole bottle of wine and ate pizza and other things.... I don't know what that equals.

Your scale is broke...

I know about carbs making you gain water weight 1 g carbs and 3 g water and pizza is many carbs. Maybe that is the reason and I am just suggesting possibilities.

y r u so negtiff jus git out if ur gunna call her a trol she aint evn fat or uglee!!!111
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Your scale is broke...

flour is a carb. flour soaks up water. think about it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Your scale is broke...

I am looking for a study & will post when I find.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Your scale is broke...

so you are a complete idiot, or completely an idiot? I am confused...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I know what you wrote but if you've ever seen an episode of Matlock you know that sometimes people's stories change when they're being questioned.

So, I ask you AGAIN. Did you eat or drink anything between the first and second times you weighed yourself? Were you wearing clothes? Describe them. We're going to find out what's going on, you don't need all these doctors that people are talking about.

This is very unpolite.

I did not eat anything ok.

I don't want to bager you but I believe you're avoiding the question. You've said that you didn't eat anything but did you DRINK anything? And you continue to avoid describing your clothes to me when you weighed the first and second time. Any sort of accessory could've tipped the balance, as it were.

I'm also beginning to think this is a troll thread.

I was naked, I already said.

I did not drink anything.
  • aceof89
    aceof89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For someone who says "Please note that I am nearly impossible to offend and expect the same in my friend", you seem easily offended by people who are trying to be positive and helpful...:frown:
  • ndj1979
    Options

Your scale is broke...

flour is a carb. flour soaks up water. think about it.

or is carb a flour?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Seriously though. Breathe deeply. Step away from the scale for a few days. Drink lots of water. Wait for your period, your ovulation, the sodiium bomb you ate etc. to work its way out. Keep exercising, and eating right. And don't panic. You got this!

(Then buy a new scale)

Ovulation generally causes a 2LB blip on my scale. Not 16. Don't be ridiculous. She had a 2LB brief blip. Or so she says (I think it's a troll thread, actually)

hmmm whenever I ovulate I lose two pounds....
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    For someone who says "Please note that I am nearly impossible to offend and expect the same in my friend", you seem easily offended by people who are trying to be positive and helpful...:frown:

I am not offended, I am frustrated.

I gained 16 lbs in one week so think of how you would feel
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

(Then buy a new scale)

Lucky you?
  • ndj1979
    Options

(Then buy a new scale)

Lucky you?

I think it is a curse....
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think you should stop weighing yourself. Clearly you have no explanation as to why you`ve temporarily gained weight....cuz that`s what it is temporary.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options

I am not offended, I am frustrated.

I gained 16 lbs in one week so think of how you would feel

I think with gains like that, I would feel like I might be turning into the Hulk... so pretty effing epic...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

(Then buy a new scale)

Lucky you?

This is completely true and kind of annoying that people keep saying it's a troll thread.

Thank you for suggestions about ovulations, I need to look at my app and find out what part of my cycle I am in.
  • aceof89
    aceof89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Frustrated too. But also confident enough knowing that there is an explanation. :smile:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat. We all know that, duh

I am pretty sure that this is solid scientific evidence...

right, and you can magically convert fat into muscle while eating in deficit...this was proven in Einsteins theory or relativity...who knew?

Reported. This is not at all supportive or helpful.

Jk. Reported for not recognizing sarcasm.

Ok ok ok. I didn't report u. I didn't have it in me
  • faithoverfailure
    faithoverfailure Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion on weight watchers?