Favorite snacks to bring at work

Options
I need ideas! I think I do pretty well in terms of bringing fruits/veggies but I need more variety! Something portable and easy to eat as I see patients (as a student) all day long. Would love to hear your own list of healthy snacks!

Replies

• sweetfluffy
    sweetfluffy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Probiotics, dark chocolate, Whole grain rusks "with blackseeds & sesame"-my fav & make me feel full ^.^.. Cup a soup for long duties ;-)...

U can try baked Fruites slices :-D
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    String cheese, yogurt, Fiber one brownies, apples, almonds, protein bars are my go-to snacks... :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    rum
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Small tin of tuna
  • Lucendiluna
    Lucendiluna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    rum

Wouldn't that make the day pass faster...
    I have fruits and veggies like you, and dark chocolate, almonds, string cheese, soup, all bran in a baggie, rice cakes, and hard boiled eggs. hope that helps!
  • vpsorrels
    vpsorrels Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I pack pre-measured crackers (ususally flavored wheat thins) and laughing cow cheese wedges. I also like to quarter apples and pre-pre oranges so that they are handy and ready when I want them.
    I like single serve tuna as well. My cheat sweet is 6 midgie tootsie rolls per 12 hr. shift.
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas! I have the sugar-free Jello snacks -- my favorites are creme brulee rice pudding and dulce de leche pudding. Yogurt, baby carrots, and Special K crisps are on my hit list, too. I like the snack bags of Triscuits -- I count out Triscuits at my desk, but I don't need to be mobile. oh, and let me second the cheese sticks! Nom.
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I snack on fruits and veggies. I also keep a container of crunchy organic peanut butter in my desk to add to crackers or english muffins. I usually also have fiber one brownies, pop chips (which are delicious), pistachios, and freeze dried fruit.
  • Rodrussell59
    Rodrussell59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Almonds do the trick for me....
  • mklassy123
    mklassy123 Posts: 153
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you they sell Go Raw Trek Mix. They sell bulk bag (bad idea in my opinion) and a little more expensively individual portion control bags (LOVE THESE). Each individual bag has 210 calories and you can eat a little or eat the whole bag - its quite filling. I eat the whole bag, it's a great afternoon snack and makes it so I'm not starving when I get home from work. It also gives me the energy to walk home from work, 60+ blocks!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Homemade trail mix....you can buy the nuts and seeds in bulk and make your own.
    If you have access to a fridge you can bring cheese sticks.
    Dried fruits (banana chips, apple chips, etc... you can buy them or make them, but if you buy them make sure you are checking ingredients)
    Peanut butter and cracker sandwiches
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • av8artist
    av8artist Posts: 46
    Options
    low-fat Ritzs crackkers with low-fat peanut-butter. Not so healthy Life cereral or suger-free instant oat-meal. The aroma of maple or cinnamon flavors drives my officemates crazy. I also have tonnes of almonds in all flavors filling one of my desk drawers.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat wheat thins and garlic and herb skinny cow wedges, carrots, plain almonds with Quaker oats oatmeal cinnamon squares, grapes, raspberries and Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, apples and PB, homemade flax oatmeal cookies, 3 oz of cold shrimp, walnuts etc. yum yum!
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ~Rice cakes, plain and lightly salted. Tastes good with peanut butter.
    ~Roasted nori (my ultimate favorite!!!! <3<3<3)
    ~Sugar snap peas
    ~Cheese sticks
    ~Fruit Strips (aka "Fruit Leather"/ "Fruit Jerky")
    ~Fresh Raspberries/ Blueberries (made better with a tablespoon or two of light whipped cream for dipping)
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    rum

I like the way you think
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My homemade almond butter and a banana and apple. Kind bars, almonds, grape tomatoes, diet gingerale(Shweppes).
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Carrots
    Celery
    Sugar Snap Peas
    A pouch of tuna
    Boiled Eggs
    Almonds (there are so many flavors, I just found Blue Diamond Raspberry, Strawberry and Blueberry)
    Greek Yogurt
    String Cheese
    Apple
    Clementine
    Grapes
    Oscar Mayer makes 100 cal packs of roasted chicken, turkey, etc.
    Fiber One Bar
    Quest Bars (taste great!!!) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite
    Bowl of fresh mixed berries
    Can of Progresso soup
    GNC Total Lean shake
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I bring a container with dried apricots and almonds, a 1 oz box of raisins, and a baggie of goldfish crackers. Sometimes I bring string cheese, an apple, or some other kind of fruit or veggie snack. :smile:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Humous and rice cakes
    Raw almonds
    Dark chocolate
    Natural yoghurt