Closed Diary's

Options
Just a quick observation , I love looking at the success stories . And the one thing that sticks out is 2/3 of the people have closed diary's ? Why is this ? Surely an open diary would help other MFP people ?
Is there a reason why ?

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I also use the diary to keep track of my medications and goals, and for me, those are more private, so I don't open mine. I know other people use their "Food Notes" as a way to mark their moods and ideas for the day as their own personal information and motivators. Just a small thought.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to everyone. I love looking at people's diaries and getting food ideas! :wink:
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My diary is kept private because I use the note section as a personal journal. I vent when I'm frustrated and write down what I can work on. I feel like I couldn't be totally honest if I knew that other people were reading it.
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just a quick observation , I love looking at the success stories . And the one thing that sticks out is 2/3 of the people have closed diary's ? Why is this ? Surely an open diary would help other MFP people ?
    Is there a reason why ?

I have my diary open to friends, it's a personal choice if they don't want to share their diary, why does it bother you?
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    The mfp default is private a lot of people probably just don't change.
  • Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me it's just so personal, I encourage and share suggestions, trying always to focus on the positive with friends in particular but I don't feel the desire to share with anyone just what I eat day by day. I agree with you, it is helpful to others but I try to give in other areas of support. We're not all able to be totally honest about our food in the 'open' a lot of us have had years of judgement by others and I need to enter exactly what I eat in private. All the best with your own journey.
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    my diary is open
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why ?

I have my diary open to friends, it's a personal choice if they don't want to share their diary, why does it bother you?

No doesn't bother me was just an observation that's all .
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends, I think it's a bit odd to just have anyone who stumbles across the site be able to creep on everything I eat, haha.
  • jamie610811
    Options
    LOL
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    mines open to friends, and my friends have theirs open. It helps to keep me honest and you get good feedback so i like mine open, i like reading my friends diarys too and i like their advice. I remember upsetting a friend because i'd eaten kangaroo lol yeah we are all different maybe the people with the closed diarys are hiding something lol
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends.
    Open to friends - people who have similar goals, similar outlooks, same sense of humour etc.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    mines open to friends, and my friends have theirs open. It helps to keep me honest and you get good feedback so i like mine open, i like reading my friends diarys too and i like their advice. I remember upsetting a friend because i'd eaten kangaroo lol yeah we are all different maybe the people with the closed dairys are hiding something lol
    ohhh I remember making myself eat Kangaroo at an Aussie BBQ ... I drew the line at Snake though!
  • jamie610811
    Options
    Never tried Kangaroo !! iv'e had Impala in Kenya that was nice
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I actually eat kangaroo a lot lol its wild antibiotic free and cheap, much cheaper than beef, and of course im in australia. Ive had croc too, yeah it tasted like chicken lol hmm snake havnt tried that it probably tastes like chicken ...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I eat camel on occasion, but log it as beef, because the macros are practically the same (going by the only reliable source I could find re the macros of camel, i.e. a study done at Riyadh university)

My diary's open to friends if I recall correctly... but I don't use this site to get feedback from others about how I eat, I use it to log my calories. If someone really wants to read my diary that badly they can send me a friend request.
  • Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I replied on here in early March, I have progressed and now trust my friends so therefore, I have an open diary to them. I enjoy gettnig food ideas and trust their judgement (or rather lack of it). Good post to reflect back on my journey, thanks.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I keep mine closed because I find I'm completely honest that way. There is no downside to me logging absolutely everything. When I had my journal open, I found myself not wanting to log fully to avoid criticism, etc. This way, I'm accountable to myself, and if I mess up, I know it. I realize that other people need to be accountable to others and that it helps them, it just doesn't work that way for me.