Cottage Cheese
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Edamame. Yum!
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of cottage cheese, but you gotta watch the sodium.
    For a cup of low fat cottage cheese, you get about 22-24g.

I also like to make protein shakes out of chocolate powder, skim milk, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. You get about 36g and it tastes yummy and curbs my sweet cravings.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoy hummus with veggies, greek yogurt, or an apple with almonds. YUM YUM YUM! OOO or cheese and apple.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    1c almond milk, 1scoop protein powder (I like muscle milk vanilla creme) and 1C mixed frozen fruit ( like a tropical blend). Put in the blender, mix, you get a 16oz protein smoothie with:
    280 cals, 17g protein and it can curb ice cream cravings as well!
    I also like string cheeses and baby bell cheeses paired with apples, apples and nut butters, rolls of low sodium lunch meats, cottage cheese,
    Another one (sounds gross but is awesome) is chop some red onion, put it and some tuna (drained) in a pan and heat through. Add slivered almonds and dried cranberries. this is great on whole wheat toast, crackers, or by it's self. If you need some extra oomph, add some cheddar cheese.
    Good Luck!
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    Bumping for some new ideas
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I like homemade protein bars with banana and oats. It's quite simple, but otherwise I don't like yogurts with fruit because the sugars are very high for "natural" fruit. I eat cottage cheese with either nuts and fruit or turkey pepperoni and spinach.
  • D_Sampson
    Options
    Dannon Greek yogurt---80 calories 14 g protein, zero fat
    Muscle milk lite
    Think Thin bars