Snow!! Love it or hate it?

Options
Ramberta
Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
It's been snowing hard here since about 4:30 this morning, and I'm pretty stoked to go sledding later. Don't get me wrong, driving in snow is annoying as *kitten*, but I guess I'm just a kid at heart. Also we haven't gotten much snow this winter (absolutely nothing before January), and even less the year before, so it feels more special to me now.

Do YOU like snow, or would you rather live in a climate without it? If you live in a climate with no snow, are you happy about it, or do you wish you got to see it now and then?

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I live in Montana and I LOVE the snow. I don't do much sledding, skiing or other snow-y activities much anymore but I love the peaceful and cozy feeling that I get from the snow.
  • Chrisgrz
    Chrisgrz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Live in sunny florida. I don't mind snow, in fact I loved the weather in gatlinburg. But while I could walk around in a tshirt and cargo pants during the snow in gatlinburg.... I now wake up to a 58 degree house and feel like I'm freezing. So I guess it depends on where I am and how adjusted I am to the cold at that point.

TLDR: Don't mind snow.
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not fun when you have to commute to work in the snow, but otherwise, it's okay.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. We have winter roughly 6 months out of the year, I don't mind snow in the beginning but now I want it all gone. I am sick of shoveling, I am sick of having to think about it, I am sick of looking out my window and seeing 4 foot high (or higher) snowbanks on the side of my drive way, I am sick of having to make a path so my dog will get off the deck to do her business..

So I guess you could say I hate it.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm from TEXAS, I can't stand it. We will shut the city down if it snows to much here. We don't know how to drive on that stuff.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    What is this "snow" of which you speak? Your words seems strange to me.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I love it depending on how much comes down.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it if I don't have to go out in it..... but I live in West Michigan and work outside the home so I do have to go out in it. I hate being cold, at all, and the only exercise I do outside in the winter is shoveling snow. So it's a love hate relationship.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like looking at it, but I am not a skier, I'm a shoveler. I HATE snow. >:P
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I love that snow is only an hour's drive away, but I never have to drive in it or shovel it! Yay Phoenix! (I'm sure I'll change my mind when it's mid-August and 115 degrees, but whatevs. You can't have it all, I guess. :wink: )
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hate it!! Born and raised in Northern Illinois and moved about 6 years ago to Georgia and hope to never see it again;)
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I absolutely detest the snow. If I NEVER see it again it would be too soon. We lived in Grand Forks, ND our last duty assignment when hubby was in the military. Between 67" of snow and 40 degrees below zero temps (actual temp ... NOT wind chill) our last winter there, it ruined my entire family. Now all four of us HATE snow!! :noway:
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I moved to TN from Michigan this summer and I am loving it. I HATE snow. LOL its pretty but I hate beign cold.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I think I've heard of it.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I live in Utah and really didn't mind the snow until this year. We have had quite a few crappy driving days and I have to commute to work. After all the shoveling of snow this year I have decided that I don't really care for the snow anymore. There were days that we got about 12 inches of snow. When I retire it will be somewhere warm with no snow.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I love the snow, I love playing in it! I live in SoCal so it NEVER snows where I live. I have to drive about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the snow.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I love the look of snow, I don't mind driving in it too much (more scared of the other idiots than my own abilities), but I'm really getting sick of it. We've had 4 days of cloudy skies with intermittant snow showers and I'd just like to have one day of sun to mix things up... Looks like that won't happen until this weekend or early next week. Blah!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    no
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    As long as it gives me a snow day and I don't have to go anywhere.. I love it.

Otherwise, this snow sucks.
  • kc0kiu
    kc0kiu Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Colorado. Love it!! Hate to drive in it because of the other drivers and 4x4s. But it is so much fun to play in!