Snow!! Love it or hate it?

Options

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate the snow. I lived in NY for most of my life. Happiest day of my whole life was the one where my husband came home and said He got a job offer in Myrtle Beach. We had a dusting about a month ago. Ironically the night my daughter asked me why I still had my ice scraper in my car.

Very glad it is March and we are headed back into 70 degree days.
  • glbragg
    glbragg Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like visting snow when I can make snow angels and snowmen but hate living in it when I have to get up early to shovel my car out of the driveway. That is why I move to AZ, you never have to shovel heat off of your car.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I love it, but I don't have to commute anywhere. I do my job on the computer from home.
    We haven't had any snow in NW Washington this year. I saw some flakes coming down early one morning, but they didn't stick and turned to rain by later in the morning. I felt so cheated!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I love it, but I live in Southern California and snow for me means going up to the mountains and snowboarding.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love snow in October through January. By February, I'm getting tired of it. In March, it's well past time to warm up.

Normally I would agree with you 100%, however, the past few years have been wonky and we haven't gotten any snow for Christmas or even New Year's, and winter hasn't even started until early or mid January. So I'm accepting this March snowfall only because I haven't gotten my seasonal fix yet, haha.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! I love the seasons, the snow, the rain, the fall, the spring! I love MN and WI!!! We just got 6 inches and am loving it! Can't wait to take the dog out for a walk after work. She loves the snow too! :)
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm in one of the states that freaks out when it snows. We shut down like it's the apocalypse! But I would take the snow over the heat any day!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I love it until March. Then I start yearning for summer again.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Needless to say I only have to drive 2 miles to work too so I dont have to worry really. I could walk to work if I had to- No excuses for me :(
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I live in New York State, not far from NYC.
    We are at a slightly heigher elevation(440'), so we get a bit more snow than people just a few miles away.

I like snow as long as it is not disruptive to travel and power, etc...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Do YOU like snow, or would you rather live in a climate without it? If you live in a climate with no snow, are you happy about it, or do you wish you got to see it now and then?
    How much do I hate snow? Understand that I was born in Ohio and grew up in Ohio. Now, look at my screen name.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty and fun to play in, but I live in Western Washington and it generally doesn't get that cold here - hovers right around the freezing point - so our snow melts and refreezes repeatedly turning everything into a giant ice slick. And since the town I live in is all hills, that can make for tricky driving. We haven't gotten much snow at all this year; last year we got dumped on quite a bit.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE :heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    At this point in the winter...absolutely hate it! Can't stand the sight of it, hate having to bundle up going outside, etc. Last winter was AWESOME because right about now it was in the 70s (completely unsual for us...I'm in NE Wisconsin). This year we're over 16" above our normal snowfall.....
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm in Pennyslvania and HATE it! Rather mow the lawn all year then shovel snow! However on the positive side it's burning calories tho :)
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I love it, but I don't have to commute anywhere. I do my job on the computer from home.
    We haven't had any snow in NW Washington this year. I saw some flakes coming down early one morning, but they didn't stick and turned to rain by later in the morning. I felt so cheated!

That is the worst! We've had so many disappointing days like that this winter, which is why I'm so excited about actual snow coming now, haha.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I live in Southeast TX for a reason..I do not do well in cold weather LOL it looks pretty playing in it for a little while is fun but no I could not live where it snows LOL
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love the snow, just went snowmobiling last night. But.....it is March.....am looking forward to the change in season.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't just hate it, I despise it! I can't shovel from having open heart surgery, my hubby always gets stuck at work, I always have to go in to work and worry about getting home. If I never see snow again, that's perfectly ok with me!
  • Ramberta
    Options
    I think it's pretty and fun to play in, but I live in Western Washington and it generally doesn't get that cold here - hovers right around the freezing point - so our snow melts and refreezes repeatedly turning everything into a giant ice slick. And since the town I live in is all hills, that can make for tricky driving. We haven't gotten much snow at all this year; last year we got dumped on quite a bit.

Ugh, the ice is awful-- about a month ago, we had 'snow' that was really more like sleet, it went all night, and in the morning when I was heading to work I literally couldn't even open my car door! There was probably a half inch of solid ice encasing the whole car, and it made me late to work :( ice is not fun and friendly like snow! lol