So Many Nerds! <3 Calling all Nerds

Options

Replies

• susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LOTR is a definite. And Mitchell from Being Human was a dwarf in The Hobbit so geekgasm all over for me. Not buffy but loved BSG. Also Game of Thrones.
  • lee_ramsell83
    Options
    Geeky nerd here!! Feel free to add!!
  • psharma0304
    Options
    Not a nerd not a geek....I am a freak! A health freak :) I love leading a healthy life and love working out and motivating others to do so.
    I also love writing about my experiences and expertise.
    If you find meaning in what I write, then please follow my blog: www.stayfitchronicles.com
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I was never cool enough to hang out with the nerds. :sad:
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    My life for AUIR
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Oldboy, Three Extremes and The Host are my favourites.

Dumplings is one of my all-time fave Asian horrors. This week's list was Phone, Yoga and Suicide Club.

Dream Home! Brutal!

I agree. Loved the kill scenes in that one.
  • justoneanna
    Options
    Hey all - I'm Anna! I'm a long standing, very deep Lord of the Rings fan/geek (to the point where I spent some time studying Sindarin, and where I can do elven calligraphy), as well as a Potterhead. I don't do much with the current TV-show based fandoms, but I'm a big fan of the (original books) Sherlock Holmes.

I play WoW, did a stint in SWTOR but never got hooked, and have been toying around with trying to find an RP guild on LOTRO to play with. I'm an avid tabletop gamer, even though I'm relatively new to that particular nerd-sport, and a voracious reader. I've got a degree in music history (which I'd love to continue on into academia, but I needed a job to afford that and... well, now it's sort of a pipe dream), and still read quite a bit of nonfiction. I played in the SCA for awhile, but have been inactive since my job kind of sucked away what free time I used to have for playing. I'd love to have time for costuming again.

I'm looking for more friends and community here on MFP, since up until now it's really just been me logging on my own. Feel free to add me (just leave a note that you found my intro post here, so it's not a blank friend request!), and DFTBA!
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My life for AUIR
    :heart:

>.> I spent my whole time playing sc2 single player thinking what they really say is "MY WIFE FOR HIRE". You guuuys .
  • hawkeyes02
    Options
    Nerdy with lots of things. Feel free to add me
  • xhomb
    xhomb Posts: 3
    Options
    Married/first time mom, mega geek with my hubby who I affectionately call "my manwich". We love gaming, comics, doctor who, and other shtuffs. Anyone out there play borderlands 2 on xbox live? Gamertag same as screen name.
  • rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've just created a new group just for us Whovians... Who R Us... if anyone's interested, you're more than welcome to join...

I've literally just clicked the Save Group button... so there's not much there right now... okay, there's really nothing yet. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say an absence of nothing. Welllll... a kind of void, if you'd prefer.... so.... fill it with Whovian stuff, please :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12726-who-r-us
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    sometimes I wish my name was squall......does that count
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sci fi/comicbook/fantasy/gaming/ convention nerd here. One of my weigh loss goals is to get back to a good size for costuming. WEE

Actually pretty much all kinds of nerd-dom...but yea, nerd here too.

ETA: And also books/movies/etc - like for instance LOTR (see user name)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow nerd over here! Love the Walking Dead, anything JJ Abrams, or apocalyptic. Michael Crichton and Sci Fi for reading as well. I also get super deep and philosophical with science, religion, the future of things when drunk. Always willing to meet fellow nerds :)
  • MommaSquirell
    MommaSquirell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. Nuff Saide!! But :smokin: is coo! is coo! Anyone feel free to add me as well And King of the Nerds ,I am so glad Celeste won but ;_; IVAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously The dark forces were working against him that Day!!!!! REVENGE!! oh I mean *cough* live and let die XD . Big music nerd , Gamer Girl Mostly PS3 but also Xbox , SCIENCE!! and I crochet and knit ....... o.o' ....I..also...enjoy....walks on the beach and....lol ok that was too much :grumble: BUT I am a big dog person too!! I love my doggies <3:heart: :smile: ........................and I just like this face
    >:noway:
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!

So, I'm a writing major who used to be in chess club in high school... who is obsessed with The Walking Dead and Supernatural at the moment.

Someone take sympathy on my poor nerdy heart.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    i'm not sure what the difference between nerd and geek are but I make jokes about DNA. so.... yeah
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yay! Nerdy nerd here, not much of a geek, though.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    NERDS ARE THE BEST! League Of Legends! Zombie Apocalypses! oh the joy!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure what the difference between nerd and geek are but I make jokes about DNA. so.... yeah

Have you heard this one?

I wish I was DNA polymerase so I could unzip your Genes?

That one is DNA joke gold ;)