So Many Nerds! <3 Calling all Nerds

Options

Replies

• lovelye79
    lovelye79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm nerdy, and I'm proud of it! Feel free to add me.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've always told my friends that I am a total dork/Nerd, the other day I was telling my friend a story, and I was all into it, and then, it ended a little something like so:

Me: And then...well, I don't know what happened, cause I ran out of comic books...
    Mariah: What? You read all of this in a comic book? WOW...you ARE a nerd...
    Me: I told you I was!
    Mariah: yeah...

haha love it <3
  • jhericcajohnson
    jhericcajohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hellow fellow nerd! I'm a Nu-Whovian, Star Wars, Star Trek, Zelda, ren-faire, book worm, etc etc etc. I'm working on Leveling myself up. The grinding is tough, but when my Charisma hits Max it'll be worth it.

I must really be a geek, >_< I consider myself leveling up every time I find what I'm looking for at the grocery store... or when I go on a quest for rare games.

My Geek/Gamer Resume:

*I write Fanfiction. 'Nuff said.
    *I bought a tablet specifically for reading books. Yes, I love reading that much.
    *I got my first job at 16 so I could buy more manga, >_<
    *Between my bf and I, we own: 2 PS3s, 2 PSVitas, a PSP, a bada$$ gaming tower, a laptop, we're getting a PS4 on release day, and an Xbox 360 (soon)
    *I bought two Japanese cookbooks.
    *I cosplay~!
    *I wear Lolita!
    *When holidays come around, I tell everyone to buy me: wigs, make-up, video games, cosplays or Lolita stuffs.
    *The two largest CDs in my music library are the OSTs for Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I also have a KH keychain.
    *I REFUSE to watch dubbed anime. It sounds so ridiculous. SUBBED OR DIE~! v>__<v
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, guys. I'm a huge nerd who's into anime, manga, video games, My Little Pony, Harry Potter, etc. :D
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this topic!!! I was a reluctant nerd until this year when I finally had to admit to myself that being a Software Engineer, who's OBSESSED with technology innovations, classes as geek/nerd/dweeb, YOU NAME IT!

I'm also a big fan of LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, Northern Lights Trilogy etc etc.

But even though I'm technically a nerd, I prefer to be called "geek chic", it sounds more like I'd fit in with the cool fashionable kids. I'll fit in with the cool kids, right? RIIIGHHT??! :D
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I am a geek :-)

chart_zps7240f551.jpg

I'm geeky and I know it :)
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Let's all get together and divide some 3.14!

LOL! That got a good giggle out of me! :D I like to think of myself as a nerdy sort...I was Valedictorian of my high school graduating class...was in concert band, pep band, marching band, select choir, editor of the yearbook..went on to college and graduated with honors. I love shows like The Big Bang Theory, King of the Nerds, Buffy...I LOVE reading (even go to book lovers conventions)...need I go on? LOL!
  • dinkalink
    dinkalink Posts: 10
    Options
    definitely a nerd but no one knows it ! lol add me if you like :)
  • thelastcenturion
    thelastcenturion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE. Anyone can feel free to add me :] i log in every day and all that jazz, always good to have more fellow people that have the same interests as I do :D
  • Ant___
    Ant___ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can't really deny being one seeing as i'm a programming for the government...

(I'm trying to make it sound like i work in a CTU style place...i don't, which is ****) =D
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    My APM is over 300.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm more geek, less nerd. Was a nerd when I was young and thankfully outgrew it.

Stars Wars, sci fi, Whovian, fantasy books, gadget *kitten*, but in 5inch heels.
  • rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    More of a gerk than a nerd or a geek LOL But anyone who likes Who and any kind of wibby-wobbly timey wimey general mish mash sci-fi stuff is fine by me.

(Hitchhiker's Guide, Star Wars, Star Trek, Blade Runner, anything Philip K ****... you get the idea...)

You can never get enough Whovians, if you want my humble opinion, so whether you're a Brit Whovian like me (ex-pat in the US) or someone somewhere else, you're welcome to add me as a friend :)

(*sigh* MFP doesn't like the word ****?? Really? It's his name, for crying out loud... well, if I said PKD you'll know who I mean, right? The slightly bonkers sci-fi guy behind the original stories that spawned Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, Screamers...)
  • susheetush
    Options
    I'm only a modern fandom Whovian, because we didn't get the old Dr Who where I lived when I young. My guy reckons this makes me less worthy of being called a Whovian. I disagree.
  • rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm only a modern fandom Whovian, because we didn't get the old Dr Who where I lived when I young. My guy reckons this makes me less worthy of being called a Whovian. I disagree.

Welllll... let's put it this way.... if, like me, you have kids and you find yourself telling them to "allons-y" and teach them words like "blimey!", "crikey Charlie!" and have him shouting out "Dinosaurs! On a spaceship!" in Sam's Club, then that makes you a Whovian in my book.
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Been a geek/nerd all my life and damn proud of it!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Not much of a nerd - but you seem cool! So imma add you anyway, if that's ok? :flowerforyou:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Poooor Philip K . I giggle snorted, so thank you for that.
    It seems I am sticking with you two sexy geeks above me (rbartlett967 and susheetush that is ). I tend to allons-y loudly whenever I leave my home and HELLO SWEETIE whenever I meet my friends. I am also modern whovian, from 10th doctor onward and sticking with it. mostly cos the 9th one was seriously creeping me out and before that I was in a country behind Iron Courtain and Dr Who was not really avalible there.

Douglas Adams warms my heart, poor Philip K is my love, Blade Runner being one of my favourite things ever. I am also rare breed that enjoys and appriciates both Star Wars and Star Trek for what they are. No hate.

Gadget *kitten* (wait, it doesnt censor this but does poor Philips surname? huehueheu) , utter geek and might be freshly 30 but mentaly still 12 ;D

Never enough whovians <3
  • susheetush
    Options
    Ok if you're a geek into the same geeky things as me, add me. Allons-y Alonso! (who by the way, I quite loved in Being Human. However, Mitchell will forever have my heart, despite the fact he went for the vapid and annoying Annie)
  • lexus2134
    lexus2134 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel as though I have come home.
    Whovian, LOTR, Walking Dead, Buffy (I had a marathon as well)...
    I'm might be forgetting some.
    Just too excited. Add me if you like!