Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So Many Nerds! <3 Calling all Nerds

Replies

• lovelye79
    lovelye79 Posts: 4 Member
    yeah I'm nerdy, and I'm proud of it! Feel free to add me.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    I've always told my friends that I am a total dork/Nerd, the other day I was telling my friend a story, and I was all into it, and then, it ended a little something like so:

Me: And then...well, I don't know what happened, cause I ran out of comic books...
    Mariah: What? You read all of this in a comic book? WOW...you ARE a nerd...
    Me: I told you I was!
    Mariah: yeah...

haha love it <3
  • jhericcajohnson
    jhericcajohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Hellow fellow nerd! I'm a Nu-Whovian, Star Wars, Star Trek, Zelda, ren-faire, book worm, etc etc etc. I'm working on Leveling myself up. The grinding is tough, but when my Charisma hits Max it'll be worth it.

I must really be a geek, >_< I consider myself leveling up every time I find what I'm looking for at the grocery store... or when I go on a quest for rare games.

My Geek/Gamer Resume:

*I write Fanfiction. 'Nuff said.
    *I bought a tablet specifically for reading books. Yes, I love reading that much.
    *I got my first job at 16 so I could buy more manga, >_<
    *Between my bf and I, we own: 2 PS3s, 2 PSVitas, a PSP, a bada$$ gaming tower, a laptop, we're getting a PS4 on release day, and an Xbox 360 (soon)
    *I bought two Japanese cookbooks.
    *I cosplay~!
    *I wear Lolita!
    *When holidays come around, I tell everyone to buy me: wigs, make-up, video games, cosplays or Lolita stuffs.
    *The two largest CDs in my music library are the OSTs for Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I also have a KH keychain.
    *I REFUSE to watch dubbed anime. It sounds so ridiculous. SUBBED OR DIE~! v>__<v
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Feel free to add me, guys. I'm a huge nerd who's into anime, manga, video games, My Little Pony, Harry Potter, etc. :D
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    I LOVE this topic!!! I was a reluctant nerd until this year when I finally had to admit to myself that being a Software Engineer, who's OBSESSED with technology innovations, classes as geek/nerd/dweeb, YOU NAME IT!

I'm also a big fan of LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, Northern Lights Trilogy etc etc.

But even though I'm technically a nerd, I prefer to be called "geek chic", it sounds more like I'd fit in with the cool fashionable kids. I'll fit in with the cool kids, right? RIIIGHHT??! :D
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    I am a geek :-)

chart_zps7240f551.jpg

I'm geeky and I know it :)
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Let's all get together and divide some 3.14!

LOL! That got a good giggle out of me! :D I like to think of myself as a nerdy sort...I was Valedictorian of my high school graduating class...was in concert band, pep band, marching band, select choir, editor of the yearbook..went on to college and graduated with honors. I love shows like The Big Bang Theory, King of the Nerds, Buffy...I LOVE reading (even go to book lovers conventions)...need I go on? LOL!
  • dinkalink
    dinkalink Posts: 10
    definitely a nerd but no one knows it ! lol add me if you like :)
  • thelastcenturion
    thelastcenturion Posts: 28 Member
    I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE. Anyone can feel free to add me :] i log in every day and all that jazz, always good to have more fellow people that have the same interests as I do :D
  • Ant___
    Ant___ Posts: 38 Member
    Can't really deny being one seeing as i'm a programming for the government...

(I'm trying to make it sound like i work in a CTU style place...i don't, which is ****) =D
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    My APM is over 300.
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    I'm more geek, less nerd. Was a nerd when I was young and thankfully outgrew it.

Stars Wars, sci fi, Whovian, fantasy books, gadget *kitten*, but in 5inch heels.
  • rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    More of a gerk than a nerd or a geek LOL But anyone who likes Who and any kind of wibby-wobbly timey wimey general mish mash sci-fi stuff is fine by me.

(Hitchhiker's Guide, Star Wars, Star Trek, Blade Runner, anything Philip K ****... you get the idea...)

You can never get enough Whovians, if you want my humble opinion, so whether you're a Brit Whovian like me (ex-pat in the US) or someone somewhere else, you're welcome to add me as a friend :)

(*sigh* MFP doesn't like the word ****?? Really? It's his name, for crying out loud... well, if I said PKD you'll know who I mean, right? The slightly bonkers sci-fi guy behind the original stories that spawned Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, Screamers...)
  • susheetush
    I'm only a modern fandom Whovian, because we didn't get the old Dr Who where I lived when I young. My guy reckons this makes me less worthy of being called a Whovian. I disagree.
  • rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm only a modern fandom Whovian, because we didn't get the old Dr Who where I lived when I young. My guy reckons this makes me less worthy of being called a Whovian. I disagree.

Welllll... let's put it this way.... if, like me, you have kids and you find yourself telling them to "allons-y" and teach them words like "blimey!", "crikey Charlie!" and have him shouting out "Dinosaurs! On a spaceship!" in Sam's Club, then that makes you a Whovian in my book.
  • Been a geek/nerd all my life and damn proud of it!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Not much of a nerd - but you seem cool! So imma add you anyway, if that's ok? :flowerforyou:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Poooor Philip K . I giggle snorted, so thank you for that.
    It seems I am sticking with you two sexy geeks above me (rbartlett967 and susheetush that is ). I tend to allons-y loudly whenever I leave my home and HELLO SWEETIE whenever I meet my friends. I am also modern whovian, from 10th doctor onward and sticking with it. mostly cos the 9th one was seriously creeping me out and before that I was in a country behind Iron Courtain and Dr Who was not really avalible there.

Douglas Adams warms my heart, poor Philip K is my love, Blade Runner being one of my favourite things ever. I am also rare breed that enjoys and appriciates both Star Wars and Star Trek for what they are. No hate.

Gadget *kitten* (wait, it doesnt censor this but does poor Philips surname? huehueheu) , utter geek and might be freshly 30 but mentaly still 12 ;D

Never enough whovians <3
  • susheetush
    Ok if you're a geek into the same geeky things as me, add me. Allons-y Alonso! (who by the way, I quite loved in Being Human. However, Mitchell will forever have my heart, despite the fact he went for the vapid and annoying Annie)
  • lexus2134
    lexus2134 Posts: 21 Member
    I feel as though I have come home.
    Whovian, LOTR, Walking Dead, Buffy (I had a marathon as well)...
    I'm might be forgetting some.
    Just too excited. Add me if you like!