So Many Nerds! <3 Calling all Nerds

Options

Replies

• ilovephysics
    ilovephysics Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PHYSICS NERD HERE!!!

Just starting out a 50 lb journey and need all the help/support and friends I can get. <3<3<3
  • F4TCH1MP
    F4TCH1MP Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    UK nerd/geek here.

Work in IT, love all gadgets, sci-fi & tech

Please feel free to add!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    serbian, bulgarian, english, spanish and mandarin chinese 8)

Which one was the toughest to learn?

chinese, of course. it takes years :/
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek. I played WoW for like 6 years for like 8-16 hours a day...sigh. I tried swtor and it was good but I just dont have time for it anymore. I LOVE zombies, I love sifi shows-especially Dr. Who, I like Star Wars but that's more of my husbands thing, I don't like Star Trek, Game of Thrones is probably my favorite show right now.

If your active on MFP, feel feel to add me :flowerforyou:

i had a level 50 juggernaut tank on swtor with all the flashpoints and operations completed and the best gear in march 2012 and then quit. i kinda miss it.

i have 2 level 85 characters on world of warcraft but i played that mostly for pvp and not raids.

fun games but i can't get obsessed with them.

1- 90 Fire Mage
    2- 85 Priests, both shadow. 1-horde and 1- Alliance
    A bunch of random toons, I think I have a 70 Druid and a bunch of level 40s haha

I miss it too. I used to raid 3 nights a week 4-6 hours a night then attend the 2 random ones my guild held during the weekend. We had to gear up somehow...lol. To pay for all the stuff we had I would have to grind like 8 hours a day then play more at night...it was crazy. Its how I gained most of my weight. Did you play mop? I did and it was good but I am just not into it like I used to be
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hmm I believe I'm a nerd haha

I listen to showtunes, epic movie soundtracks, and kpop when working out lol!

I also play games and read/write fan fiction >_> :) add me if ya like
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i don't like today's definition of nerd. it used to be somebody who studies really hard and gets good grades. not someone who watches star trek or collects stamps.
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hot damn there's a lot of us. It's super-daunting trying to send out a friend-request to every poster. Wish it were easier to do so.

Played numerous MMOs (usually on RP servers [NO, NOT ON MOON GUARD] ) over the years. Occasionally hop into Guild Wars 2 and play a little console from time to time, but I'm shying away from my gaming habits a bit. I've never been huge on anime or manga, but I'm a voiceover hobbyist and semi-professional and being involved in many anime fandubs over the years definitely left an impression.

Never cosplayed, but really hoping to try it out when I'm at my goal weight. The 'From Ashes' trailer of the new God of War game decided for me that I'd be doing Kratos, so I've got a lot of work to do before that's going to be convincing.

Trying to send out a lot of friend requests but it's super daunting to go through eight pages. Feel free to add me. Currently doing keto.
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Id class myself as a cool geek. can I join your club?

I work in I.T and play xbox.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd, but not in a zombie gamer type of nerd. My nerdiness shows in other areas.

Everyone is welcome to add me. Sarcasm is essential for me though, so if you're easily offended, no. Just...no.

:bigsmile:
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    I am a tabletop rpg DM/GM and my players have gotten into a habit of bribing me with junk food... I say NO MORE!

Always looking for friends =) feel free to add
    I am in the exact same boat. The "bribe the DM with food" is not an acceptable tactic any more... my players just have to get more creative!

I do believe I qualify as a Geek/Nerd of Awesome. I love RPGs (computer-based, tabletop, you name it), I speak 6 or 7 languages, I can't get enough of BSG, I want to live across Sheldon, Stephen Fry is the Man, zombies are just misunderstood, and I find it perfectly acceptable to sit in on a Saturday night wrapped in a warm blanket to watch TV shows for the 14th time.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i don't like today's definition of nerd. it used to be somebody who studies really hard and gets good grades. not someone who watches star trek or collects stamps.

watching star trek implies getting good grades
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    by the way. i play pathfinder with a group of friends every sunday (almost every sunday) for nearly 2 years now. i don't care if other people look down on my hobbies.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    As someone else said...The definition of nerdy these days is a shame. When I was in college, being called a nerd was an honor because you were wicked smart - not based on what you like to watch/read or how you dress.

Truthfully, I've always had bad eyesight, been relatively shy and socially awkward (online gaming has helped me a lot in terms of being more sociable,) have poor taste in clothing, and despite living in a very sunny state known for beaches, I'm a house cat who loathes the sun lol, so I am pale as the winter's snow (which is kind of funny, because it doesn't snow where I live.)

Albeit I'm more geek than nerd. I'm your average gamer who majored in graphic design (I prefer mmo - wow, gw2, swtor, etc.., and games like Skyrim as well as old school rpg like the FF series, star ocean, legend of dragoon (my favorite.) I also share an interest in anything zombie related.

I love sgu, earth2, - really most things that are scifi (fantasy, space, horror you name it,) anything and all things Tolkien, Monty Python, and Jim Gaffigan make me laugh so hard I cry. I also enjoy foreign films - one of my favorites is " the Great Yokai War," because it's a classic and as cliche as it sounds I love most if not all samurai and ninja movies.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Graphic Nerd here......ooh look at all the nerds!! ***Nerdgasm***
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    More of a geek than a nerd... It's all about horror for me.
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nerd power! 25 year old Whovian, Sherlockian (Anglophile in general), musician and all over appreciator of nerdy things. :D Anyone may add! I need more nerdy friends because I sense some judgement for my video game habits I admitted to the other day... :P
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    by the way. i play pathfinder with a group of friends every sunday (almost every sunday) for nearly 2 years now. i don't care if other people look down on my hobbies.
    They're missing out. We play 2 Vampire: the Masquerade campaigns, I DM a Vampire-Mage cross-over (yes we are White Wolf fans), we have a Creator's session -and that's weekly! We're also planning on starting a Pathfinder's game soon. Never played it before, but I did hear it's quite addictive D:D
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    More of a geek than a nerd... It's all about horror for me.

Same here, girl! I am all about some horror movies and books. I love Stephen King and HP Lovecraft :)
  • booklvr81
    booklvr81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yay nerds! I'm right there with you all...

I'm a huge bookworm, mostly for fantasy. I play WoW (90 raiding mage on Thrall), and other video games intermittently. I watch a lot of scifi/fantasy TV/movies... mmm... Firefly! I'm a Whovian, a Sherlockian, etc.