So Many Nerds! <3 Calling all Nerds

Options

Replies

• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I've been working on my own novel for the greater part of the past two years.

Amateur Novelist, you say? What's it about?

Takes place in the 1800's(Europe primarily) and surrounds the happenings of a magic book- of the underworld- and a young girl determined to changer her future. It's a little evil, some comic relief, coming of age etc.

Interesting. How far along?
  • benny150592
    benny150592 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gamer/Computer nerd here! But keep it quiet, I like to think I'm coooool. ;)
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    Could the "nerd" community be any more saturated? Isn't everyone a nerd these days?
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek. I have two books being published shortly. Topic - of course computers.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    << Huge Nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Walking Dead, Gaming.. Add if you please :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    Kind of obsessed with Star Trek. And we can't be friends if you don't agree that TNG was the best, because let's face it, it's true. No denying it. BSG is 2nd for me. So say we all! Anyway, I enjoy some stargate (all) , Farscape, Dr.Who, Supernatural Etc as well. Love John Wayne and old westerns too. Oh and LOVE Downton Abbey.

I've been playing wow since day one but I'm on a break from raiding right now. Not a lot of extra time lately. But I've been playing a bit of minecraft. I tend to play more strategic PC games.

I'm a big history buff as well. Love to read. I've been working on my own novel for the greater part of the past two years.
    I love the Arts. Not of the most social but I try!

TNG <3 a girl after my own heart!
  • benny150592
    benny150592 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    << Huge Nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Walking Dead, Gaming.. Add if you please :)

I love all of that except Star Trek! Star Wars is sooo much better! What games specifically? :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options

I love all of that except Star Trek! Star Wars is sooo much better! What games specifically? :)

Disagree, I love The Next Generation. Don't get me wrong I love Star Wars too but Star Trek holds a special place in my heart. When it comes to gaming, God of War, GTA, Final Fantasy, Yakuza, Resident Evil. Also love my old school Dreamcast games :)
  • fitnessjoes
    Options
    I am definitely a Nerd....Love games, Zombies, Comics, Walking Dead, Star Trek, Star Wars, Cant wait to see Warm Bodies.....add me
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek. I played WoW for like 6 years for like 8-16 hours a day...sigh. I tried swtor and it was good but I just dont have time for it anymore. I LOVE zombies, I love sifi shows-especially Dr. Who, I like Star Wars but that's more of my husbands thing, I don't like Star Trek, Game of Thrones is probably my favorite show right now.

If your active on MFP, feel feel to add me :flowerforyou:
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Whedonist, reporting for duty.
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    Options
    I'm in! :smile:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    check out this important Nerd PSA:
    http://youtu.be/Ir3v5yDk9Ws

oh man. portlandia cracks me up. i was a huge nerd when i was in middle and high school. i totally get how these guys feel.
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    I'm a geek. I played WoW for like 6 years for like 8-16 hours a day...sigh. I tried swtor and it was good but I just dont have time for it anymore. I LOVE zombies, I love sifi shows-especially Dr. Who, I like Star Wars but that's more of my husbands thing, I don't like Star Trek, Game of Thrones is probably my favorite show right now.

If your active on MFP, feel feel to add me :flowerforyou:

i had a level 50 juggernaut tank on swtor with all the flashpoints and operations completed and the best gear in march 2012 and then quit. i kinda miss it.

i have 2 level 85 characters on world of warcraft but i played that mostly for pvp and not raids.

fun games but i can't get obsessed with them.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    hello :drinker:
  • Nutella91
    Options
    oh and may i say that i speak 5 languages fluently
  • fitnessjoes
    Options
    oh and may i say that i speak 5 languages fluently

Wow I can barely speak one....Unless you count Pig Latin...LOL :laugh:
  • Nutella91
    Options
    serbian, bulgarian, english, spanish and mandarin chinese 8)
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    i had a friend from latvia that spoke like 5 or 6 languages.
  • fitnessjoes
    Options
    serbian, bulgarian, english, spanish and mandarin chinese 8)

Which one was the toughest to learn?