McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• nora1666
    nora1666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, the coffee is usually fresh, if nothing else. Since I am a vegetarian, I don't eat there anymore, even the fries which I do know are NOT vegetarian but I'm not that strict.. Plus the sodium content is very high but once in a while a McD's lunch or dinner or not going to kill anyone. In "SuperSize Me", Morgan Spurlock went to McD's for every meal for a month. No sane person would actually do that. "Forks Over Knives" was interesting to me and I agree with SOME of the things said in the documentary, but in the end, that diet doesn't provide all the nutrients humans need (which they don't tell you) and they are making money selling the cookbooks, etc. Still, I did agree with much of what was said but don't follow their diet. And yes, most processed foods are awful, including the so-called low-calorie "diet ones" since they tend to contain a lot of sodium, not to mention the preservatives. If I must eat one, I am careful to choose a low-calorie, high fiber, low sodium one but one really has to search.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, but I like the fries.

the fries aren't vegetarian.

Nope, they are covered in beef fat or some other revolting ****e :laugh:
    This is true. They cook the fries in the fat which comes off of the hamburgers during cooking. That is their secret to the fries having a unique flavor they say. They are not vegetarian.

This is not true, the fries are cooked in 100% vegetable oils. There used to be animal fats in them years ago but that is a thing of the distant past.
    Most of which are actually worse for you than animal fats.
    True! Vegetable oil, like margarine is FAKE fat. It is artificial fat and very, very bad for you. One should use REAL oil instead. Such as coconut oil or olive oil. Again, yet ANOTHER reason why I cook at home. I bake my fries from cut up red potatoes with a coating of olive oil and a shake of sea salt.

I love your style!
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid getting bogged down in this forum and trying to answer all the bogus information there is about McDonald's out there. I'll just say that I eat there 1 or 2 meals per day, 5 days a week and I've managed to lose 2 inches off my waist and thirty pounds since January 7th of 2013.
    It doesn't mean you are healthy. It doesn't mean you are doing good things for your body and it doesn't mean you aren't killing yourself. You are eating fake fat, you are eating toxic meat and toxic veggies. YOu are maybe eating white bread which is a sugar. I wouldn't want to be your body. The poor thing.
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

This is true. They cook the fries in the fat which comes off of the hamburgers during cooking. That is their secret to the fries having a unique flavor they say. They are not vegetarian.

This is not true, the fries are cooked in 100% vegetable oils. There used to be animal fats in them years ago but that is a thing of the distant past.
    True! Vegetable oil, like margarine is FAKE fat. It is artificial fat and very, very bad for you. One should use REAL oil instead. Such as coconut oil or olive oil. Again, yet ANOTHER reason why I cook at home. I bake my fries from cut up red potatoes with a coating of olive oil and a shake of sea salt.

I love your style!
    I like your knowledge on nutrition.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This thread has jus gone completely off the deep end. What utter nonsense.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I love your style!
    I like your knowledge on nutrition.
    :smile:
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?
    If I were you, I'd make my own version of McDonald's at home. You can buy lean, anti-biotic, grass fed beef, use a whole wheat bun or Ezekiel bun, make your own sauce out of sugar free ketchup, mustardm mayo and relish or buy low cal thousand island dressing and you've got a Big Mac. Make fries with real oil and sea salt. Yummo! Just one example, but anything you get at McDonald's you can make at home. Make your own nuggets. Coat them with clean coatings, etc.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

*nod nods* I think that it has gone very off topic...and not in the humorous way either.
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I still want some fries. like...now
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options

*nod nods* I think that it has gone very off topic...and not in the humorous way either.
    Really? Off topic? The topic is whether McDonald's is healthy or not. No one has strayed from that topic. If it bores you. If the conversation is "too much" there are other topics on MFP going on right now. Thanks for stopping by.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have not read all the replies to this post.

I worked at McDonalds for 5 years, often eating 2 meals a day there, 5 days a week. I never became obese and was at a healthy weight probably 4 of those 5 years (I had a chubby year in high school).
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Girl you didnt contribute TO the topic! Lol.

Sorry you disagree. :flowerforyou:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Ahh, as I mentioned previously, I havent ventured in to a McD since 1991, I stand corrected.

Still crap food though :wink:
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    Options
    Why did he get a flower and all I got was a smiley face?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Girl you didnt contribute TO the topic! Lol.

Sorry you disagree. :flowerforyou:

Doesn't mean I didn't read it. Thanks :):flowerforyou:
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I have not read all the replies to this post.

I worked at McDonalds for 5 years, often eating 2 meals a day there, 5 days a week. I never became obese and was at a healthy weight probably 4 of those 5 years (I had a chubby year in high school).

There are many varying ideas of a "healthy" weight. But you were also young and had a somewhat higher metabolism
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Just FYI organic veggies result in shooting furry little critters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzAs7Vx-j4A
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Why did he get a flower and all I got was a smiley face?
    The smile was genuine and the flower was ... well... :tongue:
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Really? Off topic? The topic is whether McDonald's is healthy or not. No one has strayed from that topic. If it bores you. If the conversation is "too much" there are other topics on MFP going on right now. Thanks for stopping by.

Wow...having a bad day? Didn't say it was boring. Hope things look up for you soon :):flowerforyou: