..does only water itself count as water consumed?

Options
13»

Replies

• beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    Because (and forgive me if this is crass, but it's the truth) water consumption to adequate hydration alters the appearance of your urine from yellow to clear.

Drink what you drink. To me, the word "hydrated" has health implications beyond a lack of thirst. My concern is that people are reading these posts and believing that there are health benefits to soda as there are health benefits to hydration.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Why is this here? And why do people keep asking this? There IS a search function...

1. it doesn't matter as long as you're hydrated.
    2. Drinking water is good for you, but you're not going to die of thirst if you get your fluid from tea, juice, even soda.
    3. Water is water. Tea is water with steeped tea leaves. Coffee is water passed through coffee grounds. Soda is water with a bunch of delicious crap in it.
    4. If it really matters that much, if I down a packet of crystal light and then follow it with 8 oz of water, did I drink water? How is that different than mixing it BEFORE I drink it?

MFP should really change it to "fluid count" to stop these questions...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!