Hey ladies. Is it just me or exercise during PMS is tough?

2»

Replies

• Its actually the best time for me, cause it helps so much with the cramps.. plus i feel like i dont get bloated if i up my intensity during that time
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    I think it's because you need more calories for energy. The loss of blood and iron is probably hard on the body. I've noticed that if I don't eat enough calories, then my workouts are weak and "hard". When I'm fueled, they are fun, fast and easy!
  • pandagirlshonerd
    pandagirlshonerd Posts: 50 Member
    Sometimes I really just can't :/ Go by what you feel :)
  • It ain just you... I'm the same and it is a nightmare tbh hun. They are goin to be rest days for me (only started today) but this I plan already haha
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    I find it difficult to do something other than down medicine, eat and watch movies while curled up in bed.

So, yes. Yes it is.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Tough, yes. But not impossible.
    I agree that exercising under tough situations (PMS, first trimester nausea, third trimester fatigue, postpartum lack of sleep, working 12 hr night shifts, with a houseful of small children, etc., etc.) makes one feel better and gives much needed energy. And when all is said and done, it makes the victory that much sweeter.

At the same time...if you drag yourself through your workout and it doesn't make you feel better *afterward*, and especially if it makes you feel worse, don't feel guilty about skipping! We all need rest days sometimes, too.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    it's motivation that's lacking on time of the month with me u___u

This ^^

But I find that ab workouts feel good, espically the stretches afterwards to help with cramps.
    Also, some kickboxing helps to get some of your anger out if you are a moody girl.

I so want a punching bag for tom... and yes I agree with the rest. :)
  • MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    I was able to do weights but no cardo. i almost passed out in spin class, so I left after only 5 mins. my cycles seem to be getting worse the older I get...
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    I find it difficult to do something other than down medicine, eat and watch movies while curled up in bed.

So, yes. Yes it is.

exactly. include cats and i'm right there with you.

i have pms right now, it sucks, and this morning with trainer i felt nauseated. <i>but</i> i kept going (didn't say a word) and got a great workout (he's awesome) and felt great afterward.

now i'm writing this while curled under a blanket, resting before a boring conference call. so cozy.

So, yes - it's harder.

I found this thread by searching for "pms" because I was coming to the boards to ask about pms and weigh-ins. 5 lbs water weight?
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    It's tough, but as soon as my weight goes up due to hormones, I stop weighing in. And then I set a goal to drop 0.5-1lb before my cycle is half over and I get back on the scale, so that tends to motivate me enough to get up and work through it. And it really does make me feel better and give me more energy. :)