let's be real, here

Options

Replies

• Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do think you all are being mean. Duh. People are trying to get healthy! Beer? Ice cream? Pizza? I think people are saying that the healthy whole foods are filling them up more than the unhealthy things that you all are suggesting. It's fairly common for those of us who are actually trying to get healthy and not just reach our calorie goals. I don't understand. Are you on here to be supportive? There are nicer ways to get your message across.
  • Sunka1
    Options
    But you all are not eating food. It's mostly processed. I think the whole foods tend to be lower calorie and generally more filling. Try it!
  • Sunka1
    Options
    Sounds healthy.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Thanks ;)
  • Sunka1
    Options
    I think you're missing something here. My main problem with eating was too many snacks between meals, and the wrong sorts of snacks like potato crisps, chocolate biscuits (cookies), etc, not to mention a healthy helping of fries with my meals. I could eat my daily allowance in snacks alone. Cut out the snacks and what are you left with? Apart from proof I didn't need them in the first place. Add in taking the unhealthy foods out of your diet and I find I can eat up to 300 cals below my MFP calculated allowance of 1580/day eating more or less what I ate before I started on the program so I often get to the end of the day (or calculate my evening meal in advance) and have to have a piece of chocolate, some nuts or even a beer so I am not too low. Feels wrong to eat more than you want, but I accept that's necessary. The longer I do it, the better I get at it admittedly but I fully understand people unable to make their calories.

i totally understand what you are saying. I guess our (i think i can speak for most people here) end goal is to be able to eat the healthy food along with treats that we love in moderation- so we dont have to completely eliminate those little things that we love and then possibly find it hard to reach a healthy calorie range. "moderation"- its a learning curve for us all.

I hear ya. I wish the calorie police would stop apologizing for writing the same mean things over and over. Ok some of you choose to sacrifice your health to reach your calorie goals but it is not the only way. We need to support one anothers biochemical individuality.

i ate 1200-1400 a day for a year felt great the whole time...logged EVERYTHING so no i wasnt actaully eating 2000 and thought i was eating less...then when i got closer to my goal weight i incorperated different snacks or treats i wanted but for the first 6 months or so i did not cheat 1 time.....been at current weight for over a year and still toning and getting more defined eating 1800-2000 ......i cant stand when people say if you eat 1200 cals a day you will have negative side effects and even if you do lose weight you will gain it all back...its nonsense....ohh yeah i also didnt lift a single weight the first 6 months and did nothing but cardio..........look at my pics and tell me if my body ate all my muscles
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Today I dident make 1000 cals

Yesterdays diary was just under 1200

So my point is I aint starving and yes I struggled to reach my goal!

I honestly have eaten enough.. If I was hungry I would eat and make my calories up but I aint!
  • Sunka1
    Options
    1) It's none of your damn business

2) It is really not that much of a big deal unless their deficit is 200+ calories

3) Ever thought their new way of eating is extremely fulfilling and satisfying for them?

Fair points.

All would be excellent and applicable - assuming these very same people weren't whining on the forums that they "can't eat enough". That's when, pretty much immediately, Point 1 gets blow away,

Wrong. They are asking for advise from a group of people who all click the "community" tab before reading the posts. We need to decide what kind of community we are part of here. If you see a heading that reads "help need to eat more calories" what the heck do you think it will be about? Don't click on it if you can't be supportive about someone's real issues. Not you. Just everyone.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    your body doesn't run on 700 calories just becuase you decided it would.

keep it off the forums becuase it's obnoxious.
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    If you've eaten all your "healthy" foods for the day and still "can't" reach 1200 calories . . . . .

Have some f****ing ice cream.

Or wine.

Jesus.

Amen for wine! ????
  • Better4Summer
    Options

You ain talking to me right? As I aint had 700
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

i'm talking to everyone. but it applies to anyone who consistently eats below his or her BMR.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    If you've eaten all your "healthy" foods for the day and still "can't" reach 1200 calories . . . . .

Have some f****ing ice cream.

Or wine.

Jesus.

Amen for wine! ????

Well ice cream and alcohol is hardly movin towards fitness now is it??? Diabetics? Alcoholics? Class real class!!!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    for me I am just working on controlling my portions so I don't eat excessively. as far as calories I don't stress. I just track to keep me accountable that I eat they way I set my goals for.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    For me, the first 3 months were hard. I did struggle to eat 1100 calories! Simple reason...tracking my calories were a wake up call. So trying to eat 3 balanced meals and the fear of going over my allowance along with a queasy tummy left me feeling full. Not sure if it was just all the bad stuff being flushed out but I just couldn't.

Then my tum started feeling better and I felt hungrier so fed the tum more. I now eat about 1300-1400 a day easily. I feel very content and once in a blue moon a feel I need more and I will eat more on those days.

If the person is new here, they are genuine about their concern for reaching 1200 but they will adjust too.
  • Better4Summer
    Options

i'm talking to everyone. but it applies to anyone who consistently eats below his or her BMR.

Grow up love.. You never once eaten lower than your goal? I'am showing that it is not a choice to eat lower for me but it happens and I have eaten well!!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Really? I think there are a few billion people in third world countries that would disagree with you on that.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    For me, the first 3 months were hard. I did struggle to eat 1100 calories! Simple reason...tracking my calories were a wake up call. So trying to eat 3 balanced meals and the fear of going over my allowance along with a queasy tummy left me feeling full. Not sure if it was just all the bad stuff being flushed out but I just couldn't.

Then my tum started feeling better and I felt hungrier so fed the tum more. I now eat about 1300-1400 a day easily. I feel very content and once in a blue moon a feel I need more and I will eat more on those days.

If the person is new here, they are genuine about their concern for reaching 1200 but they will adjust too.

Well said :)
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Some days i'm in the same boat under 1200 cals and not hungry
    in high school i was at school by 4 AM yes am as in morning and not home until around midnight I had trained myself to not eat breakfast or lunch because I wasn't hungry that easly or just didn't have the time then I would eat my meal around midnight when i got home this continued until recently

Now, I'm in college (Junior)
    I've started eating smaller meals at 2 hour periods and eating things that i can keep in a dorm room that are 1 cheap and 2 wont go bad fast. Because of the drastic change in how i eat I'm really not hungry some days because my body has been feed through out the day.

Also I would like to argue the fact that over eating causes weight gain....In hs which is where I gained most of my weight I was spending an hour of on ice hockey training and an hour with a personal trainer everyday and eating under 1200 cals and I was still gaining weight. My reason for gaining was medical....not calories....I think people who eat under the 1200 cals should not be attacked for doing so....if people aren't hungry there might be a reason...such as the one i just provided.....
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    The Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas sells a burger that contains over 9,900 calories....
    844771-N1CQ9J8.jpg
    Granted, the average person couldn't finish that in one sitting....... but I think you can eat 1,200...
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Really? I think there are a few billion people in third world countries that would disagree with you on that.

Yes and they are the pinnacle of good health?

Interesting those who are lean (not necessarily muscled, I AM NOT SAYING THAT) all say eat more and those that are holding more fat are trying to argue the point that it is better to eat less. Indeed those in the know ALL say eat more.

Carry on tho, I'm sure you are happy doing what you are doing and me the same, makes no bones to me.