I've never had a pop tart.What did I miss?

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    .What am I missing?
    Not much to my mind.

My vegetarian friend actually knowingly 'broke' her vegetarianism of many years to have one and gave me one from the box she got. (They have gelatine in.)
    Really didn't seem to justify the hype - a lot nicer pastry and cake stuff available.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are not missing out on anything...they are horrible sugary crap. If I wanted something sweet, they would be the last thing I would pick.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    If I have a poptart it has to be the cinnamon-brown sugar one. Lightly toasted, so it's warm and gooey. With a hot cup of tea or milk. Mmmm! How could someone not like a poptart!
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick to my tiramisù cake ......only once in a while,of course....

MUCH better than poptarts!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Take two pieces of cardboard and butter them, then dip them in confectioner's sugar. Put a small blob of fruit preserves on one piece and then press the other on top, making a sandwich. There you go!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    you missed nothing...... complete crap and even for 'crap" they taste aweful.......so many other "crappy" foods I would rather have
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    You didn't miss anything really. When I was little I liked the strawberry ones without frosting...just cold/plain.

They're really quite boring and now that I'm older they're gross to me. I have the occasional craving for them, but it passes quickly after I look at the calorie content. LoL
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love PopTarts--my favorite is brown sugar cinnamon. Oddly, my appreciation of them doesn't interfere with enjoying patisserie goodies as well.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    They still sell one or two flavours of pop tarts in the UK bit hell they are just a ton of sugar and although I liked them as a child I'm sure I couldn't have one for breakfast now.

I prefer a good Italian Pomdoro or Pannetone with Tea or Coffee.

I do like the little biscuits they have in Italy but hey all these things have so much in the way of sugar and calories.

Pear Gelato sonds amazing but then the Italians are masters of Ice Cream (not Ben & Jerry).
  • virtualjunkyard
    virtualjunkyard Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A massive infusion of sugar?
  • scrumhalf7
    scrumhalf7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    All you are missing is pizza bubble!!!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    smores and brown sugar cinnamon
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    They are good but if you eat a pack (2), it's 400 calories...!!! I don't eat them as much as I used to but they are good for a quick fix if you're running out of time for breakfast or lunch.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I bet ANY food you have in Italy is better than a Pop Tart....
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    So much hate for the Pop Tart. :laugh:

I don't eat them often because like it was mentioned before, they are about 200 calories just for one. But heck, brown sugar cinnamon or frosted strawberry, warmed in the toaster, are great with a cup of coffee or ice cold glass of milk. Is it comparable to finer desserts you could get? Nah. But I don't hate 'em.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I bet ANY food you have in Italy is better than a Pop Tart....

^This.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Anyone who thinks a pop tart is a treat needs to go to a proper patisserie and understand what a treat really is.

Happy to oblige

1.1259256976.1_french-patisserie.jpg

Amen to this^^^
    Poptarts are no subsitute for real pastries!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The dye used in some flavors gives me brutal migraines that last for days.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9mqvoOsEX1rol1w1.gif
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Cannolis are better.