Do you "lie" on your food diary?

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No and in fact I probably over-estimate some times which isn't a bad thing. The only time I don't log my food is when I'm on vacation.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I may forget something from time to time, but that is the exception no the rule. If I lied I would only be hurting myself.

Rarely I will use quick calories when I don't feel like entering a new item.
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and struggle to get to 1000 cal. Keeps telling me I am eating too few cals... sooooo I started adding silly things like my black coffee , onions ..which does not add much more ??
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Lie?!? Why lie, you're only hurting yourself. Although I love my MFP family this is my journey and I'm the only one that will (or will not) benefit from it.. I put everything down, good or bad and there are plenty of days I don't get over 1000 calories. It's not done on purpose sometimes life gets in the way.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The only thing I "lie" about is that I don't typically put spices on my food log. And, of course, sometimes I just have to guess at things I didn't make for myself.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I make it a rule everything I put in my mouth I will log in my diary.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    NO!!!! What's the point? It's MY food diary. Last night I had a Jr. Deluxe Cheeseburger from Wendy's and if you look at my diary it's on there!!! ;)

I hope that I can show MFP friends that I'm human not PERFECT!!! and I'm still rocking my workouts and I shake stuff off and keep chugging along.
  • bethb41
    bethb41 Posts: 9
    Options
    No, since the food log is a tool to help me, what would I gain by BS-ing?
    I occasionally forget to log a snack but generally add it the next day.
  • donahm01
    donahm01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    try not too only lying to yourself in the end. If you choose the right food you feel full. And you can cheat but right it down just to see what you can maybe cut out what you wont notice. Shaving 50 cals here or 100 there can add up. Watch the condiments and sauces they are killers.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I log everything-good or bad. I only have to be accountable to myself and I'm not gonna let myself down!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    No, although I get too lazy too log everything sometimes (I don't log when I feel lazy and I know for sure that I'm at least at my goal calories for the day).

I mean just because you tell some calculator on the internet that you didn't eat something it isn't going to magically disappear from your stomach...

Same here.... I do this from time to time. I also forget to add all the water I drink and complete my entry for the day. But at least I keep coming back each day and do the best I can to stay under control.
  • donahm01
    donahm01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    so my answer NO log it in it helps!
  • kbauman09
    kbauman09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you lie, you're only hurting yourself. If you are EVER going to be completely, 100% honest, it should be with your food diary! :)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am an obessive logger so I feel like others should be too (just my nature) but some people just don't log certain meals because they eat it all the time in similar amounts and know that it fits in with their diet or they are intermittant loggers which doesn't help them much IMO.

I think if you don't agree with their logging and don't feel like it's a good fit for support then voice it to them and afterward if you continue to feel the same then maybe they aren't meant to be your friends and support while you make your way to your goals.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The only thing I "lie" about is that I don't typically put spices on my food log. And, of course, sometimes I just have to guess at things I didn't make for myself.

Pretty much this. I don't log an occasional piece of gum , my vitamins or spices. I am a figity person who is set to sedentary because I have a desk job. I make it a point to get up several times a day to keep moving. It has worked ok for me so far. I think I would go crazy logging those little things and for me they wouldn't add up to much.
  • KetoEric
    KetoEric Posts: 11
    Options
    I make as much effort to not lie to myself and fudge things. It doesn't do me any good plus with making it all public, the whole point is accountability. So i try to make sure I'm as accurate as possible and go over the food log for the day several times to make sure I have it correct.

Especially since I'm doing keto I have to keep a tight reign of my carbs or I'll throw myself out of it.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I log all of my food, that being said, i am not disciplined enough to create recipes and figure all the seasonings and olive oil in cooking, etc., so I leave room for those calories. I am also fasting through lent so I try to only eat one large meal a day and that puts me at about 900-1000. Another factor, when i am eating all meals, I am not used to eating so many calories and find it hard to find calorie dense meals sticking with my high protein and lo carb eating habbits. If you are concerned about those logging so little, don't auitomatically assume they are lying, maybe ask them instead everyone but...Just my opinion :flowerforyou:
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Lying gets you nowhere. The scales don't lie either.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit of not logging but I eat pretty close to the same thing everyday so 'if' I log, it's probably something I've changed the contents of, or it's fairly new in my diet.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I log for myself, good or bad. It is for my records so I can understand my body better. Just like I log my weight, up or down.