Fitting exercise into my busy life

Options
2»

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Serious question: what do you think you can do to get a workout in? You must have some idea.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    :frown:
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Make it a priority, and just do it
    tumblr_me5h1eVG8f1rljgioo1_500.png

This. Do it.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4him8KXye1qke924o1_500.png
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:45 to get my workout in. Then it doesn't matter how busy the day gets, it's already done. I also work out on my lunch break most days, and have something going three nights a week (Judo, bowling), but it's that morning workout that jump starts my day.
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I go straight to the gym after work and do 30 minutes of cardio. I work full time and have three young children. Which means I am VERY busy. I still find the time! I was told last night at my dental cleaning, that I went to after work and after the gym, that I must be super woman because they could tell that I had been at the gym and they know I work 5 days a week, 9-5, and they also know I have three little kids. I told them I'm not super woman, I'm just determined! You can always fit it in, you just have to do it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I work 3 jobs. Full time overnights and part time during the day, due to public transportation, most of my workdays are around 16 hours. I have 1 day off a week. I fit lifting heavy weights 3 days a week and running 3 opposite days a week in my schedule. I'm also about to fit martial arts into that schedule. If I can do it, so can you. You just have to want it bad enough. If it's important, you'll make time for it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I work out when I can. it doesn't always happen, but then I just try harder next time.
    I have 2 little boys and a job that is having me all over town these days.
    I'm doing 3 -4 days heavy lifting and next week will do 3 days lifting and hopefully 3 days running.
    I go after work and whenever I can, even if its dark out.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I work 55-65 hrs a week and have 3 kids and many other obligations. I get in 2 workouts during the week and aim for 2 on the weekends. I mainly work out after the kids go to bed during the week and mid-morning on the weekends. I do videos at home because it is what fits my lifestyle. I don't often feel like I truly have the time to work out, but I've made it a priority and it seems to be working. I have more energy and self-confidence
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom who works full time. I schedule my exercise like I schedule work, kid's activities, appts, etc.
    I work out every Mon, Tues and Sat. Those are my have to go days, I schedule nothing else on those days, but will skip if kids have things come up. If I know I am too do it, I stick to it. If I leave it up in the air 'when I have time' I can say with 100% certainty I wouldn't go.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    i run at 4am, before i start work at 7.
  • vpsorrels
    vpsorrels Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try to snag a walk during your lunch breaks and qhen to get to work park really far away from the door; take the stairs up & down. I snag every bit that I can but some of this cannot be logged as such but I know that I'm making a point of moving a bit more.
    Good luck.
  • TheGnomeQueen
    Options
    You have to have at least 30 minutes either before or after work? It really just depends on how bad you want to succeed. Yeah, losing 30 minutes of sleep really sucks, but so do muffin tops, back fat, cankles...you get my point.