Do you really know what you're eating in those protein bars?

Options
2»

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to read so many responses, since I have often started threads and nobody came. I don't eat protein bars or any kind of oat bars or granola, etc. I tend to stay away from them because I worry they aren't gluten free. I just thought this would be a great eye opener.

I also was shocked when I found out a certain brand of muffin was as caloric as 3 McDonald's breakfast sandwiches, or something to that effect.

I think some folks in the "health food industry" are trying to dupe us. Shame on them.
  • j4zepedajj
    Options
    Personally I wont buy or eat those bars unless I REALLY need to.. if I'm starving and out in the middle of the Texas desert.. then yeah I'll eat one... BUT unless thats the case.. I'll eat something else...
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been making my own for about a month. Love that I can pick what goes in them.

No more store bought for me!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i do because i make mine.

oats
    quinoa
    flax seed meal
    coconut shavings
    almonds
    peanut butter
    unsweetened cocoa powder
    honey
    dried apricot
    dried ginger

yum!
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    I love Quest bars too! and you know what makes them even better?????

ready for this, cause it will change your life:
    Put them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds before you eat em. It makes them all soft and gooey and brings out the flavours even more! yummmmm
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Quest bars > your face.

Supreme aren't too bad either but aren't quite as good nutritionally or taste-wise.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars too! and you know what makes them even better?????

ready for this, cause it will change your life:
    Put them in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds before you eat em. It makes them all soft and gooey and brings out the flavours even more! yummmmm

YES!! I do the exact same thing! AMAZING!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm glad so many people are raving about the Quest bars because I just got the 12 bar sample pack in the mail today and was eyeballing them for an afternoon snack later. :drinker:
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I only buy protein bars with ground kitten meat. Don't shortchange yourself folks.