Help me lose and get lean!

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for all the info I can take a lot from it, I work hard all day and simply wouldn't have the energy to hit the gym that hard in the evenings as well on the cals I'm eating.
    My TDEE is around 3100 so I'm going to up my cals to 2700 and start this week for a few weeks with the same lifting/cardio program I follow now and see what happens!
    Cheers
    Kev

Where are you getting your TDEE from? That seems a bit high. How much do you weigh?

Edit: sorry, just saw your response. The c3k seems more reasonable tbh.

The main thing is...pick a reasonable calorie level, stick with it for 4 weeks and reassess - tweak up or down as needed. I would also advise to log your cheat days.
  • wattsy84
    wattsy84 Posts: 123
    Options
    Got my TDEE from here also
    http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee

A 16hr day for me consists of...
    8 hours a day constantly on the move decorating,climbing ladders/scaffold,rolling ceilings/walls etc
    2 hrs playing with kids/doing chores
    1hr stretching or exercising weights/cardio
    1hr doing things around the house
    0.5-1hr driving
    2 -2.5hrs watching tv then bed

Also 3 hours fishing one night a week
    And 90 mins of competitive football on Saturdays

I'd class that as very active? Or am I wrong?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Got my TDEE from here also
    http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee

A 16hr day for me consists of...
    8 hours a day constantly on the move decorating,climbing ladders/scaffold,rolling ceilings/walls etc
    2 hrs playing with kids/doing chores
    1hr stretching or exercising weights/cardio
    1hr doing things around the house
    0.5-1hr driving
    2 -2.5hrs watching tv then bed

Also 3 hours fishing one night a week
    And 90 mins of competitive football on Saturdays

I'd class that as very active? Or am I wrong?

Which TDEE does that equate to? Sorry, there were a few so I am just trying to clarify.
  • wattsy84
    Options
    On that particular site it's

Work: Moderate manual labor (sweeping, mopping) 4 hours each day, and on feet for another 4 hrs each day, 5 days weekly.
    Exercise: none. 1486 3144

That's as close as I can get to what I do at work
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I would pick a number to eat to between 2,300 and 2,600 (they are all just estimates) - log as accurately as possible, stick to it for about 4 weeks and see how you do - tweak up or down depending on results.

Any number in that range *should* mean you are below your TDEE but are not at too large of a deficit.

Make sure to include a good strength training routine.
  • wattsy84
    Options
    I would pick a number to eat to between 2,300 and 2,600 (they are all just estimates) - log as accurately as possible, stick to it for about 4 weeks and see how you do - tweak up or down depending on results.

Any number in that range *should* mean you are below your TDEE but are not at too large of a deficit.

Make sure to include a good strength training routine.

Thanks for your help, I've set my goals to 2560 for now with 3 days strength and 2 cardio plus sat football maintaining 160g protein. Will give that a go for a few weeks and see!
  • wattsy84
    Options
    Still no budge up or down on the scales as of yet!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Still no budge up or down on the scales as of yet!

I would cut calories by a couple of hundred and see how you do over the next couple of weeks.
  • wattsy84
    Options
    What, drop to say 2200 and try or give it another week? Could it be my cheat day undoing my good work?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    What, drop to say 2200 and try or give it another week? Could it be my cheat day undoing my good work?

Could well be. Looks like your maintenance is your current intake level, so dropping it to the 2,200 should be good. Also, keep an eye on the cheat day so it does not get to 'cheaty'.
  • vikileger
    Options
    Hey there! I haven't actually blogged my journey on here but I've lost 30 since February of last year. Lifting weights and adding lots of lean protein definitely is key, but I did notice you said you do cycling for your cardio. As cycling is great and all, your target is your tummy fat so honestly the best thing for you is HIIT runs. They vary but short and sweet anywhere from 16-40 mins depending on the one you choose. It is one of the best cardio routines that you can do to burn out fat and very proven everywhere you read and I am living proof. That with your proper nutrition and weight lifting is sure to get you past that plateau! Good luck! Also side note dairy and wheat can add a lot of bloating and/or fat build up in that area so watch your intake in those foods if you tend to eat them! :)
  • wattsy84
    Options
    Thanks guys, diary wise I eat, yoghurt (Greek) skimmed milk, occasional cheese, cottage cheese,eggs and butter! And do bloat very easy! But I eat these for the protein!

Ill try another week or 2 and see how I get on!
  • wattsy84
    Options
    Dropping my calories down to 2250 for a few weeks and see if any change comes as I'm still at 164.4lbs!
  • wattsy84
    Options
    Ok, before I dropped my cals I decided to carry on with it around 2560 for another week, I have now started to see the scale move, but in the wrong direction? I've put on 2lbs over this week! Where do I go from here? Have I reset my metabolism and need to drop down to 2200 or am I gaining muscle?