Oatmeal

Options
13»

Replies

• peanut0123
    Options
    I love old fashion oatmeal the best it feels you up more than the quick oats and I sometimes add a tbsp of natural crunchy pb to it. If you love pb you'll love it.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the great ideas. This is how I am eating my oatmeal this morning:

1/2 cup Quakers quick oats
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop Publix Chocolate whey protein powder
    1/4 cup chopped walnut and 8 almonds.
    1/4 cup chia seeds

It tastes okay, cant say great.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I just read an article on Slate about oatmeal. I don't know if you are familiar with their your'e doing it wrong recipes, but they just did one for oatmeal.
    Oatmeal With Sautéed Apples
    Yield: 2 or 3 servings
    Time: 15 minutes

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    4 medium apples, thinly sliced
    Salt
    1½ cups rolled oats
    1½ cups milk
    ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 tablespoons brown sugar, plus more for serving

1. Put the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it melts, add the apples and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, put the oats, milk, and cinnamon in a medium pot with a pinch of salt and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats are tender and the mixture is creamy and thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat, and stir in the vanilla.

3. When the apples are tender, add the 2 tablespoons brown sugar and stir just until it melts, about 1 minute. Serve the oatmeal topped with the apples and additional brown sugar, if you like.

mike
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Every single morning I eat organic oatmeal made with water, cinnamon and almonds. If I'm feeling like I deserve something special I'll add a dash of salt.

I love it. If it were legal to divorce my husband and marry oatmeal I would totally do it. We'll be together forever and ever and ever.
  • helplesslyhappy
    Options
    Its filling and good.

I would use a saccharine substitute to sweeten it and almond milk to make it.

But I prefer the ready packets too. :D
  • Tyranter
    Tyranter Posts: 1
    Options
    I take mine with water and any flavour of protein powder I have in. Although recently its been chocolate flavoured. I've found it keeps chocolate craving monster away.
  • JoshRodenberg
    Options
    I have oatmeal every morning, usually with sweet n low or whatever sweetener cinnamon and a banana or apple. However you eat the oats though, they are good for you. So if you enjoy them, eat them. Just be sure to stay within your cals/macros.

Muesli is cool too, if you want to get fancy with your oats.

EDIT: They are cheap too :)