Weight won't budge

Options
2»

Replies

• awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I am going to start eating some of/all of my worked off calories back and cut out simple carbs. :) Thanks everyone for all the help!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You need to calculate your TDEE CORRECTLY, then calculate your BMR CORRECTLY. Make sure you eat more than BMR and less than TDEE. However, since you have been eating so few calories, be prepared to GAIN weight initially. It will stabilize, then start going down.
  • Michelleszoo68
    Michelleszoo68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK. I must be totally dense...I've been working my butt off at the gym. It's what I'm good at. I LUV it. I go to the gym everyday and I work out hard. and love entering my work outs in MFP so I can see my burns. I've been sticking to around 1250 calories a day for weeks now and cannot get the scale to budge. I just kept scratching my head thinking no way could I be plateauing already with only 12 lbs. lost. How could that be seriously? I've still got 55 pounds to go!! So I'm reading through the forums and just read all this and I learn that because I'm eating so few calories, and NOT eating back any of the calories I'm burning in exercise, I'm apparently NOT EATING ENOUGH. Eating more = losing more?? Is this for real? My brain is screaming "does not compute! You must starve to lose!!" sigh....for a person who has dieted my entire life, I'm sure not very good at this.
    And Oh wise ones....What exactly is TDEE and how do you calculate it? and how do you calculate your BMR?
  • chaaalgeo
    chaaalgeo Posts: 70
    Options
    OK. I must be totally dense...I've been working my butt off at the gym. It's what I'm good at. I LUV it. I go to the gym everyday and I work out hard. and love entering my work outs in MFP so I can see my burns. I've been sticking to around 1250 calories a day for weeks now and cannot get the scale to budge. I just kept scratching my head thinking no way could I be plateauing already with only 12 lbs. lost. How could that be seriously? I've still got 55 pounds to go!! So I'm reading through the forums and just read all this and I learn that because I'm eating so few calories, and NOT eating back any of the calories I'm burning in exercise, I'm apparently NOT EATING ENOUGH. Eating more = losing more?? Is this for real? My brain is screaming "does not compute! You must starve to lose!!" sigh....for a person who has dieted my entire life, I'm sure not very good at this.
    And Oh wise ones....What exactly is TDEE and how do you calculate it? and how do you calculate your BMR?

tdee is total daily energy expenditure so thats how much you burn off in a normal day just doing normal things you can find loads of websites with calculator for bmr and tdee
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This is the best and it's just been update. Anyone that is confused read this thoroughly. It explains everything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

It's too simple isn't it? That is the problem most people have, they just refuse to believe it. Eating the right amount is what works, not starving yourself. Exercise helps your overall health, but isn't necessary for weight loss. I exercise to feel better and an added bonus is I get to eat back those calories. Tonight I get ice cream because I walked off 236 calories at lunch!