Am I in the wrong? WARNING: RANT/VENT

Options
13»

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would be concerned for sure.He seems quite unstable and reckless, but there honestly isn't that much you can do about it. Unfortunately the decisions are her own...you can be angry all you want, but you can't stop her from having a relationship with him.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I say not an overreaction. I ride a motorcycle, and when I first started dating my wife, we went for a few rides. Of course her family was apprehensive. I do ride completely different when carrying a passenger (not really any different than being on a snowmobile) because I am then responsible for the safety of my passenger. Just as the fiancé SHOULD have been and clearly wasn't. He needs to about the injury he could cause to another person. I see the same thing happen to motorcycle riders. They get a girl on the back and just have to show off, just as the fiancé was doing when they crashed.

That being said, you can't control another adult. She'll see and do as she pleases, and any attempt to discourage activities or relationships will just drive a wedge between you and your sister.

JM
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You handled this the way any brother would. And honestly I'd be right there with you. This guy doesn't only sound like a tool, but he seems to have anger issues and doesn't know how to handle situations properly. I don't know what you should do, but if it were me, I'd have a loooong sit down with my sister.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I dont think ots overreacting when you want to protect yoir sister.
    from what you said, neither of them sound very mature.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I used to race snowmobiles and considered myself a very good and safe driver... until I rolled my snowmobile. Yes, he was being an idiot but even if he was the safest driver in the world he could have crashed.

What you should focus on is knocking some sense into your sister. She needs to be able to make smart decisions and stand up for herself. You can spend your life yelling at guys that put her in dangerous situations or you can help her stay out of those situations in the first place.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    wonder what the reaction will the fiance gives her a dirty sanchez....
  • KissMyAx
    KissMyAx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This story is so very close to what I went thru with an ex boyfriend of mine. Almost exact! (Snowmobiling over a lake, I was the passenger, and he decided to "open it up" to see what power it had and catch up to everyone else, hit a patch of snow/ice build up at 90mph, and I was thrown off)

I'm not sure if you are her only brother or not, but if it were me, I would be paying this POS an unexpected visit with everyone and instill some FEAR into him! He obviously has no regard for your sister's well being even AFTER you told him to be careful with your only sister (total slap in your face), and continued to drive recklessly with her on the back causing her to be hospitalized with a broken collar bone. They are both lucky to be alive!

Since when does a RESPONSIBLE driver, drive with a passenger at 90MPH?!

I would be so pissed!