Coffee - whats the situation?

Options

Replies

• bigrye79
    bigrye79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Coffee is great to wake up and to have for your work shift-if I had to choose between coffee and nasty aftertasting energy drinks the coffee wins-and I usually have water to alternate so it flushes out
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 4 year old who has given me over 4 years of sleep issues (yes, even before he was born :tongue: )
    I say just drink the damn coffee woman...anything that gets you through the day. I don't know what the studies say but I have always drunk coffee (and tea) and I don't think it makes a jot of difference to weight loss. The only thing I've done is to cut out the sugar and full-fat milk in mine and changed from lattes to long machs.
  • arthurrichard
    arthurrichard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/MGfM9x1.jpg

That's how I feel about it.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy your cup of coffee.

Oh and coffee in the fridge just takes away premium real estate refrigerating space. Since the middle ages when they discovered it, many middle easterners have stored and drunk tasty coffee without needing refrigeration. And it gets real hot there (no pun intended)
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    dont worry, coffee definately won't hurt you!! by the way my grandma is 94 and has had 3-6 cups of coffee a day since she was 12 : )

My mum is 90 this year and has never drunk coffee in her life, she drinks black tea without milk. And your point is..................? :happy:

HER POINT WAS COFFEE WONT YOU HURT YOU!

HIS POINT IS ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS STUPID!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You'll pry my coffee from my cold dead hands...

That being said.> I've heard an apple in the morning is also good to wake you up.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have a small Americano when I get to work at 8. But I typically only drink 1/2 to 3/4 of that before it goes cold.
    Mid morning I will have a small skinny latte and typically drink abut 1/2 to 3/4 of that.
    Ugh.. starbuckian! I'm the dummy who goes to starbucks and orders "coffee black, with cream" LOL (cream at starbucks cause I don't like their coffee, but they're the only coffee on the PA turnpike booo, normally my coffee is just black) LOL
  • JoshRodenberg
    Options
    they can pry my coffee cup from my cold dead hands!
  • kaylaknight4247
    kaylaknight4247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Coffee is really good for you, and regardless can help in weight loss, even if that's not your goal :) They say about 3 cups should be the limit, that's when it can get dangerous, especially if you have a bad heart. Too much can also hinder weight loss. But anything under that is really good for your brain, circulatory system, heart, etc. Moderation is key to whether its great for you or horrible for you, go ahead and enjoy it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    no no no no no no

Do not freeze your coffee. Also, do not buy preground coffee.

Taso is correct, as he so often is, that the proper way to brew coffee at home is to buy whole beans, keep them at room temperature and in an air tight container so the oils and aroma are not destroyed. Grind *just* before you brew.

If you have coffee beans sitting around for more than a week or two, you simply are not drinking enough coffee on a daily basis. Please up your dosage.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i am not human without coffee.

my weightloss has never been affected by my coffee drinking, it has been affected by me being a lazy bish... true.

caffine is one of the mildest stimulants you can put into your body, and it won't give you the crash that so many others will. the sugar in it is a different story, but the COFFEE is actually good for you.

and it's even BETTER for you and the rest of the planet when I have it.
  • JoshRodenberg
    Options
    no no no no no no

Do not freeze your coffee. Also, do not buy preground coffee.

Taso is correct, as he so often is, that the proper way to brew coffee at home is to buy whole beans, keep them at room temperature and in an air tight container so the oils and aroma are not destroyed. Grind *just* before you brew.

If you have coffee beans sitting around for more than a week or two, you simply are not drinking enough coffee on a daily basis. Please up your dosage.

I agree, but if you put sweeteners etc in your coffee, you probably don't need to worry about grinding it on the spot. If you drink it black though......
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Coffee itself is fine - people run into trouble if they drink multiple cups a day with tons of crap in them.

I limit myself to 1-2 coffees/day and I drink it black, but I have to sweeten it with either an artificial sweetner packet or a tsp. of sugar.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day.

I love my Dunkies coffee.It's one thing I will never give up.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This is ONLY my experience so take it for nothing more.

I have been drinking a pot of coffee a day for over 40 years with no adverse affects. I'm 59 years old and ride a bicycle and hike quite a lot so I feel I'm in good shape for my age.

Hope this helps.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    dont worry, coffee definately won't hurt you!! by the way my grandma is 94 and has had 3-6 cups of coffee a day since she was 12 : )

My mum is 90 this year and has never drunk coffee in her life, she drinks black tea without milk. And your point is..................? :happy:

HER POINT WAS COFFEE WONT YOU HURT YOU!

I'll say it again. Biochemical individuality. You can't say it won't hurt you. You also can't say it will. You need to listen to your own body. We are all different. I love coffee. Can't drink it. Makes me strung out and depressed. When I drink tea (white or green) no problems.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    DRINK the coffee!!!

I would just say there are other things that could be affecting your energy. Your quality of sleep, stress, peaks in blood sugar levels from eating certain foods.

Those things being said, I still drink my coffee when I need a bit of a buzz in the morning or afternoon. NO ONE can keep up with the constant, this will give you cancer, this won't, so just do your best and enjoy life.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    don't store it in the fridge. store the whole beans at room temperature and grind right before brewing.

Coffee stays fresh for longer if you keep it in the fridge and longer if you freeze it. I'm the only person in the house who drinks fresh coffee so if I kept it at room temperature, it would go off.

I haven't read all the replies so sorry if what I have to say has been said. When you store your coffee in the fridge or freezer, moisture gets in it and basically spoils it anyway. So what Taso said don't store it in the fridge. store the whole beans at room temperature and grind right before brewing. Away from light as well. Ground coffee is really only good for about 1 week. But when one is an addict such as myself, who cares? Drink the coffee. Enjoy it. Don't store it in the fridge.