PEELING UR FRUITS

Options
SINCE NO ONE I KNOW EATS THE PEEL OF AN ORANGE DO U WEIGH THE ORANGE THEN EAT THE ORANGE THEN WEIGH THE PEEL AFTERWARDS TO GET THE ACCURATE GRAMS OF THE ORANGE? LET ME KNOW HOW U GET IT DONE.

Replies

• XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    Good mind-boggling question... Seems like a lot of work if that's the case!
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    IT WUD B NICE IF I CUD GET A SEROIUS ANSWER BCZ IF NT U DNT NEED 2 RESPOND
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Weight the part you eat
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You could just juice it and add back the pulp? Then you could eat the entire orange with peel.

I am willing to bet you just need to know the relative size of the orange in regards to the variety. Like a mandarin orange usually gets be smaller than a fist at regular size so if you eat a bigger one you'd consider it large or eat a smaller one then consider it small. The peel usually isn't consumed so we don't get a calorie content of the peel when you find the nutition information for it unless peel added is specified.

Edit: Also writing in all caps is usually taken as yelling and can be thought of as rude when caps are used in a response, just saying.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I just log an orange? I never weigh it.
  • lenore304
    lenore304 Posts: 17
    Options
    I would just weigh the orange after peeling it. Under the food search there was a result of "Orange - Clementine (edible portion)" so that should work.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like Cuties...much easier to peel. BUT I eat 1/2 grapefruit every morning and those things are a b**ch to peel. I just log them as they are...don't know if there is a way to log without the peel.

BTW the peel of fruit has more nutrition in it than the actual fruit...
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Weight the part you eat

this. why make all the extra work for yourself? Just peel it then weigh it. No need for using math
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to trust that good enough is good enough. I wouldn't worry about subtracting or adding the weight of the peel. I would just choose a method (weigh once with peel and consider that good, or weigh it after I peel it and consider that good) and run with it. But part of my goal here is to learn to not obsess over food and food choices, so that's the perspective I'm coming from.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Peel it then weigh it, no point in weighing the peel since you don't eat it.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    just log a general orange lol its not guna be that far out !
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I pesonally would weigh the whole thing, esp if I was taking it to work, I don't have scales at work. I can't see the peel weighing a great deal.

(Ps. your caps lock is on, some sensitive people may consider that shouting :wink: )
  • FASTFUELXXX
    Options
    SO WEN I WEIGH DA ORANGE I SHUD JUX WEIGH DA WHOLE THING INCLUDING DA PEEL? I JUX WANT DA ACCURATE GRAMS BCZ ITZ Gonna OF COURSE WEIGH LESS W/OUT DA PEEL & I WANNA PUT DA RITE GRAMS INTO MY FOOD DIARY
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I weigh it, peel it, eat it... Always better to over emphasis your calories than under (IMHO of course...)
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm weighing everything too. I only weigh what I eat. So peel it then weigh it. I have a scale you can tare so I put the plate on the scale, tare the weight, then add the orange, then tare, then add whatever else one by one. It works and it's time saving too cause you are weighing as your serving yourself.

I weigh my meats after they are cooked too.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I peel, weigh, eat.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    Options
    I'VE BEEN DOIN ALL CAPS SINCE I WZ N HIGH SCHOOL SO NT BEIN RUDE OR YELLING. I WRITE LIKE DAT SO I TYPE LIKE DAT. MY BAD IF U GOT OFFENDED. ITZ NT LIKE DAT
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    PLEASE STOP YELLING AND STOP LEAVING OUT LETTERS.

If you are weighing your food, and not eating the peeling do not weigh the peel.

Personally I just log - 1 orange but thats just me.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    SINCE NO ONE I KNOW EATS THE PEEL OF AN ORANGE DO U WEIGH THE ORANGE THEN EAT THE ORANGE THEN WEIGH THE PEEL AFTERWARDS TO GET THE ACCURATE GRAMS OF THE ORANGE? LET ME KNOW HOW U GET IT DONE.

Weigh the orange after you peel it and then log what you weighed.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    Options
    THNX NIIVSMOM. THESE OTHER PPL SO SENSITIVE. ALL I WZ SAYIN IZ I LOG MY FRUIT N GRAMS SO IF I WEIGH IT WIT DA PEEL IT WUD B INACCURATE. I WEIGHED AN ORANGE WHOLE YESTERDAY & IT SAID 308 GRAMS BT AFTER I PEELED IT THE WEIGHT WZ 218. PRETTY SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE 2 ME. IM JUX SAYING
This discussion has been closed.