PEELING UR FRUITS

Options

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'd just log it and not worry about it being exact. All these calories are approximate anyway.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus, this is painful.

For the sake of the future of the world, I really hope you're trolling. Otherwise, you are making me lose my faith in Darwin, and should just go die in a horrible burning car crash to prove natural selection still works.
    OK this thread was kind of funny... and some of it made me laugh but seriously ^ that is a ****ed up post. it is really not that serious. So what if she types like that? Its her choice and like she said you don't have to respond if you have nothing useful to add.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I'd just log it and not worry about it being exact. All these calories are approximate anyway.

This may be the funniest response in this thread.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus, this is painful.

For the sake of the future of the world, I really hope you're trolling. Otherwise, you are making me lose my faith in Darwin, and should just go die in a horrible burning car crash to prove natural selection still works.
    OK this thread was kind of funny... and some of it made me laugh but seriously ^ that is a ****ed up post. it is really not that serious. So what if he types like that? Its his choice and like he said you don't have to respond if you have nothing useful to add.

expecially bcuz in trieying to sound smart, their wrong about the basic principals of darwinism ...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    As someone with an English degree, the caps and intentional mispellings throughout this entire thread are utterly maddening. Many of the abbreviations don't even save typing/texting time and make it much more difficult to interpret what it is you are trying to say.

It's like a car wreck and I cannot look away. This in not a bash on the OP - I know later generations do not value grammar or spelling the same way we old folks do. This is just another reminder of the great divide between those of us who had our formative years of education in the pre-internet/pre-mobile era and those after the advent of enhanced communication (which, in the context of the current point, is quite ironic).

Excuse me while I mourn the decline of formerly universal grammatical conventions and civilities. :sad:

Edit: Ha! I mispelled texting so had to fix it. Talk about irony. But I would point out that I do know how to spell it and was compelled to fix it, thus revealing and reinforcing my OCD about such things.

so you have an english degree? what starbucks do you work at??
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You mean the money I spent on a digital scale that measures to the microgram was wasted?!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha this thread is great!! Too funny! I think this needs to go in the Just for Fun Category.

Sorry but grammar and speliing are crucial!

"Let's eat, Grandma!" or "Let's eat Grandma!" = HUGE difference!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    As someone with an English degree, the caps and intentional mispellings throughout this entire thread are utterly maddening. Many of the abbreviations don't even save typing/texting time and make it much more difficult to interpret what it is you are trying to say.

It's like a car wreck and I cannot look away. This in not a bash on the OP - I know later generations do not value grammar or spelling the same way we old folks do. This is just another reminder of the great divide between those of us who had our formative years of education in the pre-internet/pre-mobile era and those after the advent of enhanced communication (which, in the context of the current point, is quite ironic).

Excuse me while I mourn the decline of formerly universal grammatical conventions and civilities. :sad:

Edit: Ha! I mispelled texting so had to fix it. Talk about irony. But I would point out that I do know how to spell it and was compelled to fix it, thus revealing and reinforcing my OCD about such things.

so you have an english degree? what starbucks do you work at??

lol'd.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Go to the usda nutritional database........its a good source.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For what's it's worth, the post was more an acknowledgment of my serious shortcomings in adapting to the changing times when it comes to communication methods. The "mourning" part was truly tongue-in-cheek. I thought the emoticon conveyed that, but maybe not.

I shouldn't expect people to know this because communicating through text only doesn't allow for tone to convey humor, self-deprecation, and other important mediating qualities needed to accurately interpret meaning. I think this is a big reason why so many people are surprised when they are assailed for what they believe were innocuous posts in this and other forums.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Quite the opposite. The responses here almost make me believe there is God who loves us and wants us to be happy.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I really feel like this thread is borderline racist.

so far you are the only one that has drawn a correlation to the avatar and how everyone is making fun of the way he has chosen to communicate.

So, is it the thread, or you?
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself prior to eating the orange then again after and subtract the original weight from the "post orange" weight.

Easy peezy. If I got confused and ate the peel it's reflected in the equation so this is very accurate.

^Doing it right.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    this is soooo painful to read LOL but I can't stop
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Quite the opposite. The responses here almost make me believe there is God who loves us and wants us to be happy.
    DEM WURDS MAKE ME FEELZ.

Okay, so you previously confirmed that you are running through here yelling at us. So I have a question. Is it streaker style? Or just someone who is in a hurry?
  • kmadki4
    kmadki4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are being so mean for no reason. Who cares how somebody writes or spells? Just ignore it if you don't like it.

Anyway OP, I peel the fruit then weigh it. Nobody eats banana peels, they eat the fruit so the calorie count is for the fruit inside.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are being so mean for no reason. Who cares how somebody writes or spells? Just ignore it if you don't like it.

Anyway OP, I peel the fruit then weigh it. Nobody eats banana peels, they eat the fruit so the calorie count is for the fruit inside.

*weight.

.. I peel the fruit then *weight it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

*weight.

.. I peel the fruit then *weight it.
    no
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add other than I love how you have Gremlins in your food diary. :flowerforyou:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What about the seeds?!?! I don't eat the seeds... I weigh them each then add them then subtract them from the total weight... then divide by pi.
This discussion has been closed.