Strength training - how long does it take you?

Options
13»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Full body, body weight work out, I'm done in 20-25 minutes. I like not having to spend much time.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm lifting 4 times per week, usually 30 - 45 min, with active rests.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,871 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. If you are wanting to gain some tone and a little strength you are doing great. If you want to be a world class body builder you are no where in the right realm. I am doing alot less now. But years ago I would do a couple of hours every day. I hit it hard and pushed myself. Did at least 1/2 hour of kickboxing just to warm up. I was HARD. Loved it. It is like anything, you get out of it what you put into it. Hope this helps.

--Shelley
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    It depends what I'm working on but I usually spend 1 to 2 hours at the gym. That's a 10 min warm up, my weights, sometimes cardio, then stretching.
    Yesterday was arms, which I do pretty quickly, then an hour on the treadmill. I was in and out in just under 2 hours.
    Today was legs, but I kept it short and then spent 20 min on the stairmaster and was out in 1 hour 10 min.
    If I didn't take my warm up and stretching so seriously and went without cardio I'd say I'd be done in 45 min.