Running alone and carrying ID

Options
2»

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I carry my phone, ID, insurance card and usually some money or a credit card. I have a small waist belt that I put it all in, but I used to put it all in a ziploc, then in a pocket, etc. I always felt bad if I had to give someone sweaty money after a workout, hence the zip loc!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to get one. Probably will be a birthday gift to myself this year.

Isn't Road ID just an identification tag though? I thought the original posted had asked about carrying around items?

Road ID allows you to put anything on there. It has my DOB, emergency contact name and phone # and allergies. Important stuff if you ask me in case I encounter some idiot driver etc and can't speak for myself. A phone call to my husband is a lot faster and more effective than tracking down an address on an ID that may or may not even be current.
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i wear a running belt on my waist. at first i hated it because i for some reason was really against it but now i love having it with me. my phone, keys, and music player all fit in and it's great
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • soldierbot
    soldierbot Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I also have a Road ID, best thing ever.

always where it when running
  • lessjl
    lessjl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    great question! thanks for the responses. i just ordered a pink bangee:).

~~jl
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Been meaning to get one. Probably will be a birthday gift to myself this year.

Isn't Road ID just an identification tag though? I thought the original posted had asked about carrying around items?

Road ID allows you to put anything on there. It has my DOB, emergency contact name and phone # and allergies. Important stuff if you ask me in case I encounter some idiot driver etc and can't speak for myself. A phone call to my husband is a lot faster and more effective than tracking down an address on an ID that may or may not even be current.
    Agreed. Another con of relying on ICE numbers in your phone, or as another poster mentioned, putting a dog tag type of ID on your shoelaces - should the worst happen and you get hit by a car, phones often end up damaged, and the phone as well as the shoes can end up getting knocked off and away from you.

Personally, I like the idea of the RoadID (or whatever brand you choose) bracelet - plus I've read a lot of stories lately of first responders checking victims for these types of things - they are learning to look for the bracelet (not to mention the medic-alert bracelets that have been around for so long).

Just a thought!